Snowy Escape Issues - Stuck outside Rental, things disappearing

by LoganIsSleepy

Original Post

Snowy Escape Issues - Stuck outside Rental, things disappearing

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? I don't know. IT updated before launching, so I assume it's the latest. I don't know where to find this dude. I just play the game once in a while. I'm 52. I don't expect to spend $40 on a game and then can't play it.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have EVERYTHING you've ever made installed. All EPS, ALL Stuff packs, ALL Game packs, and the FREE packs. Yes, I have invested a * fortune in this game and I expect it not to be broken the first time I play it in months.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know. Read what I wrote.
What happens when the bug occurs? Read what I wrote.
What do you expect to see? He stands there at the side of the vacation lot on the mountain and waves his hand over his head when I tell him to move and the feet gets a cross line through it to say there's something in his path.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It was your latest update but everything else in the game plays fine. I added Batuu last week and had no problems. It's only when I go in Snowy Escape area and I only just did that today. The only mods I have are hair.

There's too much info to read in all the other READ THIS threads so I'm gonna just post my issue here and you can do with it what you want.

I took my family to snowy escape for the first time and rented the 3 bed/3 bath for 604 on the mountain. They rode to top of mountain and then back down because there was nothing up there. In the little town, they ate food and bought things but the buldings and dinosaur and tower disappeared, then the space ship disappeared. So I sent them to the vacation home. In the vacation home the dad became "trapped" on the side of the house in the snow. He couldn't walk and Debug object didn't resolve it. I can't enter build mode to manually move him and he cant travel via broom, bike, or walk. he's just stuck. He was able to enter the house prior to going up to the mountain and in the town. I had to end the vacation from the maps menu in order to get them out of there.

Message 1 of 9 (2,097 Views)

Re: Snowy Escape Issues - Stuck outside Rental, things disappearing

Hero
@LoganIsSleepy DId you test this without mods installed as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (2,062 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I turned the mods off in the game options menu and restarted. The village things are still missing (screenshot) that were there the first night for a few minutes. There was a spaceship you could ride, more vendors, and some colorful towers, then they disappeard and this was all that was left. As for the other problem of getting stuck on the side of the house, I'm not sure what triggered it so I just started playing it to see if I can get him stuck. All I know is I told him to go home and he was there when I looked at him. You can tell the mods are off in the screenshot because his head is bald. My mods are hair. When he was on the side of the house, he kept picking up his phone and putting it away if that's helpful

Ok, clicking "go home" the house on their pics makes him fly to the side of the house. But this time he was able to walk around. If it helps, all my sims are spellcasters in this family. But now he's walking around bald. DO you really think his hairstyle caused him to become unplayable?

[Posts merged by CM]

Message 3 of 9 (2,031 Views)

Hero
@LoganIsSleepy That was a festival going on. It's not there all the time. Check the boards for info.

If you leave vacation and then try going again, is he still stuck ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (2,011 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No. I did that the first time. I left the vacation and forfeited al lthe money I spent on it to get him unstuck. The next day, I went back and it was fine.

Message 5 of 9 (1,987 Views)

Hero
@LoganIsSleepy So all cleared up then ?

No longer stuck and the other issue was the festival ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (1,977 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey everything was going alright but tonight he got stuck outside his own house and can't get in. He gets the little footstep logo then cancels the action. I have tried reset sim and debug sim to no avail. I have tried also to not use a broom/mop and to use it. Also not working. So finally I exited the game because I'm tired. I'll try to send him somewhere tomorrow and see if I can bring him home by switching to a sim inside the house. Oh also i can have him walk across the lawn but he can't enter. I've tried clicking on objects in the house for him to interact with, as well as clicking on his stat buttons to fulfil a need. I finally cheated his needs to make him happy so he wouldn't die.

Message 7 of 9 (1,888 Views)

Hero
@LoganIsSleepy I can take a look at your save if you want.

Instruction to share in my signature.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (1,886 Views)

★★★★ Novice

that seems complicated. But my workaround worked. so in case anyone else's sim gets stuck like mine in this new world, here are the two workarounds I found:

When on vacation, end the vacation to resolve.

When at home (he lives in this world), send him to the vacation home so he can go rock climbing or skiing. Switch to a sim in the house, and then bring him home while you're playing a sim in the house. 

Message 9 of 9 (1,847 Views)