Re: Skills and traits carry over to gallery

by Psychotps

Original Post

Skills and traits carry over to gallery

★★ Novice

Hello,

There is an issue where skills and traits carry across when you save a sim to the gallery. I know it's just a feature of the game and a way to get past it is to load the sim into CAS and create a twin of that sim using genetics. The issue I have with using the twin workaround is that you have to re-create their entire wardrobe which is time-consuming considering all the amazing clothing options we now have.

I wish there was a way to keep the wardrobe when you create a twin of a sim... or another way to address this issue would be if we could 'scrub' our sims clean of all traits, skills, etc... in CAS (full edit mode).

Something else I've always dreamed of having is a way to choose some skills from the get-go. especially when you are creating an adult or elder sim, it doesn't seem right that they would have no skills. I know there is a workaround for this also but it requires typing in cheat codes which some players aren't familiar with; it's also very tedious to have to look up the correct codes.

A skill and career picker in CAS would be awesome!

Message 1 of 2 (1,564 Views)

Re: Skills and traits carry over to gallery

★★★★ Expert
@HangryZombit

Yea, that bugs me too. Sometimes I'll find a decent sim on the gallery and download it and find out all their skills are maxed out. I ended up creating a script that wipes them all out.

Also, I created one, a cheat command I just called "start". When I create a new sim and get them into live mode, I just run the start command and it assigns a few skills I feel they would normally get during aging up.

It doesn't seem right that you create a new young-adult and they have absolutely no skills whatsoever. Like they never went through childhood or teen ages.
Message 2 of 2 (1,535 Views)