Sincerely, Please Fix Your Game. [Console]

by justtayunicorns

Original Post

Re: Sincerely, Please Fix Your Game. [Console]

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@TygerNight Lol honey I know the feeling. Now I have new problems, I can’t open my sims profile because it leads to it displaying on the screen but I can’t click out of it so I have to restart the game. Also, when building from manage worlds my screen goes black and when I press on manage worlds to go back it goes to live mode as if I was playing in a household. I am so sick of this game lol. And trust me your not the only one who yells at their PS4 I constantly yell and call it names all the time and usually apologize 😂😂. These bugs are driving me CRAZY.

Message 21 of 26 (397 Views)

★ Guide

Well I'm on a fixed income, so I only got my PS4 like 18 months ago and it's already almost obsolete. *sigh* But I've had a PS since the very first one so I'm kind of loyal to the darned things...

Everything I have for the Sims 4 is from the PS store so I'm pretty locked in at this point. I do have many of the DLC as I always have, and I never buy a new pack until the complaints have come rolling in and fixes begin to appear. Though it never seems to fix the core problems. But that's EA for you. *shrugs*

The new content has always had this problem and I'm astonished they've released 4 Kits, Batuu, Home Decorator and now Cottage Living in such a short span of time. Astonished. Every new DLC needs at least 6 months for players to find the bulk of the faults and for EA to patch them as best they can. Releasing so many so close together is a recipe for disaster, I'm looking at the home designer because I love the furniture ideas but I probably won't even consider buying it for at least 2 months and only if it's on sale. Cottage Living looks like a 2022 purchase for me to be honest. They've learned nothing in the many long years of Sims DLC problems and that's a shame. But still, I love the Sims and no longer have a Desktop so my PS4 is the only thing I have capable of running it. I'm very sad that I completely missed out on Sims 3 cuz I had nothing that could run it. Frown

~Tyger <3

Message 22 of 26 (384 Views)

★ Apprentice

@TygerNight I wish I wasn’t so gullible when it comes to buying packs. Now I’m trying my best to wait for reviews before spending my own money. EA has definitely been milking money with how fast these packs are coming out and these kits are so unnecessary 😒.  As a builder, I was so excited for Home Decorator because of all the beautiful furniture and CAS items, but after watching some reviews I heard it had tons of bugs and was a total letdown. That broke my heart, but hey more savings for me XD. Cottage Living is really convincing, BUT I don’t want to be tricked by EA once again. This game is SO ADDICTING, but I always lose hope. I as well always wanted to play the sims 3, I grew up watching it but sims 4 came around and I finally got my hands on it after years of wanting it! It’s hard to let go of something I grew up with, so I always end up coming back. Gosh I sound like I’m in a toxic relationship with this game lol.

Message 23 of 26 (359 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@justtayunicorns And someone tried telling me there were no gullible people that play this game... at least you admit it... I'm just kidding of course lol.

Pretty much agree with you completely. EA is certainly milking this, I could see that pretty early on in the packs. I mean they were taking aspects of packs from older games and splitting them into multiple packs, yet people seem okay with it. For example Sims 3 had one big supernatural pack, while in this game similar features are scattered around at least 3 or 4 packs. Plus if it wasn't bad enough that they needed a new pack type, now they have the kits that you mentioned. Next thing you know they will open a store that sells even more exclusive stuff, similar to what they did with Sims 3. When you release DLC that is for DLC, that's when things are going too far.

I understand that the game is addicting, heck I complain about it all the time but I love these types of games so much I always come back, but I refuse to buy any packs for it because I know they will have problems. Even when they do fix anything it's never enough, and then there seems to be a lot of cases where they fix something then just break it again. I've played these games since the first Sims game came out like 20 years ago (yeah I'm old), and even though they all have a lot of problems I still end up obsessed with them. I guess it is kind of like a toxic relationship. These games just keep abusing me, but for whatever reason I always go back. At least they aren't taking much of my money lol.

I guess in reality I'm also one of the ignorant and gullible players of these games, though I am pretty proud of the fact that I've only ever bought the base game unlike others that have spent hundreds of dollars on it.

@TygerNight The sad thing is that I don't think it matters what platform you play on anymore. PC versions are probably just as bad as consoles, though at least on PC you can find mods to fix some things. Then again even with those mods EA will continue to release more and more packs, and more and more updates, which means if the problems you have mods for aren't fixed you will be constantly updating mods. Then you would have to hope that someone does actually update the mods. This game is a mess no matter how you look at it, I just wish more people would open their eyes and see that.

Message 24 of 26 (350 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@valohim666 Sometimes I wonder, no offense to the developers, if they ever have brains. Do they even care to code their game correctly or give us what we want. They certainly can do this with older sims titles but why not the sims 4, what exactly changed? Sure, people say they got money hungry and stopped caring, but there’s no way they weren’t making tons of money from the sims 3. They certainly seemed to care for the sims 3 based on it’s gameplay and packs. It’s like they’ve gone out of order or think of things last minute and hold it for another pack. You should definitely be proud to not have spend tons of money on this game, sadly I can’t say the same Frown. I’ve spent about 500 to 600 dollars on this game, even with sales. I AM SUCH A FOOL. I regret my money decisions all the time *sigh*. But I have no life and gaming keeps me from boredom. I have too much time on my hands, I should really get out more XD.

Message 25 of 26 (338 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@justtayunicorns What are these "brains" thing you mention. Clearly you mean the former Primus drummer, Bryan "Brain" Mantia lol.

To be fair, even the older games have a lot of problems. For example Sims 2 is notorious for save corruption, I mean there are even guides explaining steps to preventing it. There are still lots of other issues too, things that require mods because they were never fixed. Lets not forget that even though they gave away complete editions of Sims 2 several years ago, they also did pretty much nothing to help them run on modern hardware or operating systems. Sims 3 was notoriously picky about running properly on computers. My current PC is probably similar in specs to something like an Xbox One or PS4 but it struggles with Sims 3. Sims 3 was also horrible about cleaning up various things like situations, broken relationships, stuck or lost sims, vehicles, and so many other things and over time that would slow your game down. To me the game is unplayable without the NRaas mods, and even then it runs pretty poorly. Sims 3 also had that online shop with tons of exclusive items, which honestly was no better than just having a bunch of packs because that's kind of what it was.

Let me put it this way about anyone that has spent a lot on any of these games. If you can enjoy what you paid for and are the type that can do so even with the problems, then hey good for you just enjoy it and who cares what jerks like me have to say. If you're the type that spent all that money and regrets it, that's life, you make mistakes then you learn from it and move on. Unless you're me, then you make mistakes and you don't learn until it's too late lol. I have no life either, gaming and music are my life because if you want to see a fool look no further (or is it farther?) than right here at the person behind this message. I can be proud that I didn't spend a lot on these games, but unfortunately that gets buried under all of the foolish things I've done that led to me having zero life.

Message 26 of 26 (316 Views)