Original Post

Sims4 and Sims5

★★★ Newbie

Will the Sims 4 continue to be updated even when Sims 5 is released

Message 1 of 9 (916 Views)

Re: Sims4 and Sims5

Champion (Retired)

@pumkin161 

That is very likely. At least for a little while.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 9 (898 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

If you believe the gossip factory sims 5 will be likely a multiplayer game. So, it would be the best if they maintenance both sims game as long as possible.

I don’t mind multiplayer if is so as in Stardew Valley or Divinity but is it MMORPG like as Second Life, World of Warcraft, or Fallout 76 I will never touch/buy the next sims title. I don’t mind optional multiplayer I just don’t use it. The only thing that really matters for me is the possible to mod it. Modding is such mighty tool with you can create you own sims world. You like Alpha CC? Go it! You want more adult stuff? Go it! So much possible....

I really think sims4 is a very good game just because its so simple to mod and it works most of the time nice, now they just need to fix this fps drops and maybe sims *brainLag* <- I never encounter this. I hope sims 4 will still get a ton of content after release of sims 5.

Message 3 of 9 (798 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Yeah, I love my mods, and while it would be awesome to play with friends, it would suck to play with trolls. I also would be nervous; if every other Sim was not an NPC but instead controlled by someone else, how do I know they're not playing the Hundred Baby Challenge or the Black Widow Challenge?  Wink

(Okay, I suspect some people would LOVE that, but I would hate it!)

And also, my mods.  Wink

Message 4 of 9 (739 Views)

★ Guide
@xochiquetzl_xkvn It could work like a battle royale "round" minus the fighting. Each round would last 24 minutes or a full 24 hours of time. There's not fast-forwarding or pausing. You control a single Sim and can do whatever you want
Message 5 of 9 (732 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I read that they will continue to update the sims 4 after the sims 5 release

Message 6 of 9 (677 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Ploxia Will there really be a Sims 5? Have you read anywhere if there will be any more game packs for Sims 4 since the Wedding Stories?
Message 7 of 9 (535 Views)

★ Guide

@Ploxia wrote:

I read that they will continue to update the sims 4 after the sims 5 release

I think they said something similar about the Sims 3 when The Sims 4 came out, sadly they soon stopped supporting TS3's Life Support sometime after TS4 started, so it's most likely they will discontinue Life Support for TS4 once TS5 is up and running, to this day I do wish and hope for a miracle where they do update TS3 and fix the bugs that were NEVER addressed or fixed by the team prior to TS4's release.

Message 8 of 9 (424 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@Babci219  They actually announced a new game pack today!  It's on the official web site.

<speculation, I do not work for EA>It looks like werewolves to me! :D</speculation>

Message 9 of 9 (418 Views)