Sims4 City Living Spire Apartment Causes Save Issue

by KJsPlace9653

Original Post

Sims4 City Living Spire Apartment Causes Save Issue

★★★★ Novice

Hi everyone! I’m new to the world of sims and recently got City Living. I went into the Aspire Apartment to play around renovating it and when I went to save part way through... it got stuck on the saving screen for hours (I’m using a laptop so it can be slow hence why I left it for awhile but in the end I had to force the game to shut down). So instead I saved a room from the aspire apartment, which was fine, but when I went to go back to manage worlds... it got stuck on that in between loading screen and again I had to force the game to shut down. Seems whenever I do any interaction with that apartment it has issues saving or switching back to other screens... none of the other apartments have this issue. Does anyone else get this issue? Or know what I can do to resolve it? Hope that all made sense. Thanks in advance!! 

Message 1 of 13 (1,539 Views)

Re: Sims4 City Living Spire Apartment Causes Save Issue

★★★★ Novice

Did you ever get it to work? I am having the exact same issue. I can save in live mode, but if I even go to build mode and go back to live mode, it won't save or let me go to manage worlds.

Message 2 of 13 (1,391 Views)

★ Expert
@DarkFia14 I'm surprised this wasn't moved (by the team) to https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

You might get better answers over there (hopefully).
Message 3 of 13 (1,348 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi DarkFia, I wish I could say but honestly I don’t even know. I haven’t tried much since I made this post, maybe once or twice, cause it was causing so many issues so I just… stopped. But I will open my game again over the weekend and let you know if it’s still going on! 😊 I really hope it’s not but I’m not holding my breath x”D

Message 4 of 13 (1,328 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi InfiniteVerve, I would have thought it would be too given it seems like a bug but after the post… nothing really happened. Much as it’s nice to know I’m not the only one experiencing it it’s only a bad thing that there are others cause it confirms it definitely is a bug. I’m going to try again on the weekend, see if it’s still going on then update the post… and make a post under the bugs link you sent too (thanks for sharing that btw!) and see if I can get someone in the Sims team to notice x”D 

Message 5 of 13 (1,327 Views)

@KJsPlace9653  Threads in the bug forum need to have the bug template filled out for various reasons.  Threads in that forum generally do get attention of some kind, although depending on the issue, it may be more about troubleshooting than simply reporting the problem to the Sims team.

When something gets posted in the general discussion section (this one), on the other hand, it might not get answered at all.  That's unfortunate, but since the content of this section mostly isn't about technical issues or bugs, threads can get overlooked if the usual posters don't feel they have anything to contribute to the discussion.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 13 (1,302 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@KJsPlace9653 @DarkFia14  To take from this is that this is a player help player forum and not a direct link to EA personnel. A lot is requested from the posters, to post in the right section is a requisite to get help, and also stated in the rules. What bug reports get forwarded to the sims team is up to the players managing the bug forum. I cannot find any EA official information on how that process works.

I do look forward to read your testing results though. Standard smile

Edit: Another reason for why your post has not been answered, by players I mean, not EA personnel; is that a lot of issues are commonly experienced and reported, and so each new thread about them are just merged, by the players with administrative rights, into one master thread. I think this is what is referred to earlier in this thread. After having posted here a while you start to recognize issues like that, and then there is no point in posting in the thread.

Message 7 of 13 (1,295 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@DonroaAkashu @DarkFia14 I have now thoroughly tested it out and while still taking awhile to save, it does actually save for me now (finally!). I don’t know what caused it, but it seems to be fixed whatever it was. It works with and without mods but it does save faster without them. 😁 I wish I knew what the cause was before so I could say how it got fixed for those who are experiencing it too… but it does resolve, in time.

Thanks to all for their wise words and advice! I was still new to this forum or I would have it posted this issue on the bugs thread rather than the general, maybe someone would have known what it was. But that’s okay! The more you know 😊👍
Message 8 of 13 (1,247 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict That does make a lot of sense x”3 while I’ve been gaming for years, I hadn’t ever been into the forum or needed to as I played console. But now moving into computer games, I came onto here with no clue how it functioned (clearly! Haha) but i will learn and maybe can even help people out, down the line of course. Thank you for the info! 😁
Message 9 of 13 (1,246 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@KJsPlace9653  Good to hear that it is working again. It does sound like it could be a bug, so if it happens again on a mod- and cc free game, reporting it in Bug Reports section is a good thing. There have been some issues with editing the apartments.

In the user folder located in Documents>Electronic Arts you will find any files pointing to an error, if they are created by the game. Those are good to attach, in some way, to a bug report. 

Since the players that regularly posts in Bug Reports section sometimes have their own opinions on what is a 'bug', and the forum is mainly a social forum; answering any posed questions are good, otherwise the bug report might just get moved to another section by the players with administrative rights, and subsequently not forwarded to the Sims Team for an official fix.

I hope you will start posting here!

Message 10 of 13 (1,228 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help