by Meegatron16

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims won’t stay in bed if music is playing in the same room

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? EP03: 1.assets.live-ep03.156
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except for Eco Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put your Sim to bed (without full Energy) and then play music in the bedroom.
What happens when the bug occurs? If music is played in the bedroom where the Sim is sleeping, the Sim gets out of bed, even with low Energy.
What do you expect to see? Sims to stay asleep in bed with music playing in the same room.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sims used to be able to remain asleep in their beds with music playing in the same room (i.e. romance music playing after some nice woohoo, or lullabies playing for a toddler). But now, if music is playing in the same room, they instantly pop out of bed. And continue to pop out of bed as long as the music is on. If you turn the music off and send them back to bed, they will stay fast asleep. I believe this bug may have appeared after one of the recent hot fix patches that was pushed out. I can see you have your hands full with more urgent bugs and issues, but thought I should at least put this on someone’s radar. :-) 

Message 1 of 7 (1,582 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims won’t stay in bed if music is playing in the same room

[ Edited ]
Hero

@KEW0701 This has never been possible. I'm surprised it was for you. There are a lot of threads saying Sims won't sleep where it turned out to be music playing - dating back to 2014.

Did you change something about the setting of your room ?

Current main thread his here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-won-t-stay-in-bed/td-p/6422023/jump-to/firs...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (1,527 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Apprentice
@KEW0701 I think this is by design? Unless you want to play as a Sim who can fall asleep with music playing then I guess it can be annoying, haha.
Message 2 of 7 (1,569 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@KEW0701 This has never been possible. I'm surprised it was for you. There are a lot of threads saying Sims won't sleep where it turned out to be music playing - dating back to 2014.

Did you change something about the setting of your room ?

Current main thread his here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-won-t-stay-in-bed/td-p/6422023/jump-to/firs...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (1,528 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@KEW0701 

In the Sims 3 there was a heavy sleeper trait where Sims that had this could sleep from noise in the room. Is this what you confuse it with? The Sims 4 have never had this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 7 (1,497 Views)

★ Guide

That’s baffling to me. I only started playing Sims with Sims 4 and I’ve been playing for 2 years now. My sims (and my daughter’s sims in her game) have always been able to sleep with music on in the bedroom. I couldn’t begin to guess how many times I’ve had the romantic music playing in the bedroom while two Sims woohoo’d in bed and then slept through the night afterward with the music continuing to play. Same for my daughter. Now, though, I think since the the update and patches in June, the Sims won’t stay in bed when the music is playing. That’s bizarre to me if you are telling me that they were never supposed to be able to sleep with the music playing, because for both of us, they always have. 

Message 5 of 7 (1,446 Views)

Champion

@KEW0701, I never could get my Sims to sleep in a room with a radio on! Raised eyebrow  Not even to soft music like Classical! Disappointed  I never even tried romantic music to woohoo by because of this!  Large smileWondering  I've downloaded so many houses with cool teen rooms with radios and I end up having to take the radios out because they keep turning them on and then they won't sleep! Oops

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 7 (1,426 Views)

★ Guide

Wow. I guess for the past 2 years we’ve had a glitch that was actually in our favor. It was fun while it lasted! I’ll miss it though. My sims have had a lot of nice romantic evenings, WooHoo-ing with the romance music playing and the fireplace going, and then just drifting happily off to sleep, dreaming of unicorns, dragons and wetting their pants. I will, with regret, mark this is resolved. LOL Thank you everyone! 

Message 7 of 7 (1,400 Views)