Re: Sims won’t move or do actions

by PugLove888

Original Post

Sims won’t move or do actions

★ Novice

Some of my sims will randomly decide to stop moving, usually one at a time, they won’t move no matter what I try. It’s making the game unplayable. I can’t even save and return to the title screen because one of my sims got stuck by the fire place and is now overheating to death, thus making me unable to save and exit. This is extremely frustrating and is happening way too often. I also can’t seem to find a way to contact EA support about it. 

Message 1 of 8 (25,789 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@LlamaLumps44What are you playing on PC or Console. I don't know if this will help you or not, but I found two things helped me with this.

I'm on PC

1. One I started deleting townies and this helped with the lagging of the game, I found my computer sound like a motor trying hard and I've already ran every test on my computer to make sure my game is playing great.

2.I followed the recommendations for the sims 4 game advisor settings from Radeon software , if you have something similar like that on your computer it will help you out a lot, there is a performance grade that can help you game play smoothly without any issues and that have helped me a lot.

Message 2 of 8 (25,748 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@LlamaLumps44  there are a couple of cheats that can reset Sims.  Have you tried any of them?Wondering  In case you haven't or didn't know about them they are done as follows:

A). Simple Reset
1.)First open the Cheat Box (if you are on a PC) by pressing
Ctrl + Shift + C at the same time.

2.) Then type Resetsim Firstname Lastname  and hit the Enter button(So if your stuck Sim was Bella Goth you would type Resetsim Bella Goth and hit the Enter button .) 
This should fix your Sim.  If it doesn't, then try this method:

B). Reset with Testing Cheats
1.) First open the Cheat Box like you did before ( press Ctrl + Shift + C at the same time.)
2.) then enable Testing Cheats by typing in the box Testingcheats true (or Testingcheats on also works) and pressing the Enter button. (You will see a confirmation message if you did this correctly). 
3.) then "Shift click" by holding down the Shift button while clicking with your mouse on the Sim you want to reset. 
4.) then choose Reset Object (Debug) from the menu that popped up when you shift clicked on your Sim.  This should reset your Sim
5..) turn Testing Cheats off by bringing up the  Cheat Box again and typing Testingcheats false (or Testingcheats off) and pressing the Enter button. 

Please update us on whether this works for you or not! 😇

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 8 (25,742 Views)

★ Apprentice
Have you got CC installed? I noticed that this started happening less after I uninstalled Wonderful Whims.
Message 4 of 8 (25,719 Views)

Champion

@LlamaLumps44 , @SG_Society asked if you have any CC.  If you have any CC (Custom Content) or Mods, and what I suggested in my earlier post above does not help you, you may have outdated CC/Mods.Raised eyebrow  (This will sometimes happen when the game gets updated, so it is a good idea to see if their creators have updated the Mods/CC to be compatible with the updated game). 

You will also have to delete the localthumbcache.package file from the game folder, because this file often will keep bits of corrupted data that can cause problems in your game.😓  The localthumbcache.package file is found by going to Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 .

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 8 (25,694 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My sim wont move whatever I do pls help me

Message 6 of 8 (24,208 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@meli0ra
Hi there
This thread is a bit old and may be locked, but I'll reply in case it is.
Have you tried the solution in post #3 and #5? If you have tried that and it doesn't solve the problem, I suggest you start a new thread with below information.
1. what platform you are playing on (PC/Mac or Consol)
2. if PC/Mac, are you using MOD/CC or not?
3. What did you try?
If you can attach a screenshot of what is happening, that would help us to know the more detail of your issue.
Thank you.
Message 7 of 8 (24,151 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@LlamaLumps44 If you have CC/Mods installed try running a batch fix on ur beds (that if u use the PC version), would you please let us know what you use? Standard smile
Message 8 of 8 (24,054 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help