Sims won't cook together

by Sims104005

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims won't cook together

★★★★ Novice

So I have been trying to get my sims to cook together for the past couple of days, but every time that I send them to do it, they just stand where they were and do nothing. I have tried speeding up the time to see if they'll eventually start cooking but they'll just stand there for hours. If anyone can help I would be very grateful!

Message 1 of 20 (8,726 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims won't cook together

Champion

@Sims104005 , i had this happen in the first house I played after the patch.  It was a house that I didn't make and the refrigerator was and some of the counters were placed with the Move Objects On (MOO) cheat, which can make items glitchy if the house wasn't tested properly afterwards.  I had to move some things around to get my Sims to cook together in this house. What was weird was that there wasn't a problem if just one Sim was cooking -- it only showed up when multiple Sims cooked together.  But I finally got my kitchen to work so that a group could cook at the same time! 

I don't know if this is the same problem you encountered, but it might be.  Have you tried to test group cooking in another house? Wondering

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 20 (8,704 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@Sims104005 , i had this happen in the first house I played after the patch.  It was a house that I didn't make and the refrigerator was and some of the counters were placed with the Move Objects On (MOO) cheat, which can make items glitchy if the house wasn't tested properly afterwards.  I had to move some things around to get my Sims to cook together in this house. What was weird was that there wasn't a problem if just one Sim was cooking -- it only showed up when multiple Sims cooked together.  But I finally got my kitchen to work so that a group could cook at the same time! 

I don't know if this is the same problem you encountered, but it might be.  Have you tried to test group cooking in another house? Wondering

Message 2 of 20 (8,705 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have indeed! It worked slightly better! They actually cooked after just standing there for a bit! I will try moving things around. I'm going to go to bed now but I will let you know if it works! Thank you so much!Standard smile

Message 3 of 20 (8,698 Views)

★★★★ Novice

But yeah, just like with yours, my sims cook by themselves just fine but they won't cook together.

Message 4 of 20 (8,696 Views)

Champion

@Sims104005 , yes they will sometimes take a bit to get al together before they start cooking, especially if there is a lot of them!Large smile  Please keep us updated! Angel

Message 5 of 20 (8,695 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I will for sure keep you updated! Thanks for being so kind!

Message 6 of 20 (8,693 Views)

Champion

@Sims104005  I played an EA Maxis built house and had no problems with everyone cooking together!  It was with the other house I downloaded some time ago that had a problem and they had used the MOO cheat! 

Message 7 of 20 (8,692 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm playing with a house I built myself. I did use MOO but not on anything in the kitchen. I will move things around tomorrow and maybe test it out in other houses as well and I will let you know if it works!

Message 8 of 20 (8,690 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yay! They finally started cooking! I replaced the fridge and I moved the stove. Thank you so much for your help!

Message 9 of 20 (8,592 Views)

Champion

@Sims104005 , no problem!  I'm so happy you got your Sims cooking together!   I love this new feature! 🥰  Thank you for updating us! 😇

Message 10 of 20 (8,571 Views)