Re: Sims won't climb stairs

by dirty_milos

Original Post

Sims won't climb stairs

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Romantic Garden, Spooky, Luxury Party, Holiday Celebration, Ghoulish Guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims won't climb the stairs from the basement.
What do you expect to see? Sims do climb the stairs from the basement.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Sims won't climb the stairs from the basement.

Message 1 of 13 (1,521 Views)

Hero
@dirty_milos Did you test this without mods and in different houses to see if it's a general issue or related to your build ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (1,514 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It is almost certainly related to this particular build. Sometimes they can climb those stairs, and sometimes they can't. When they are stuck in the basement, and I go to Manage Worlds and come back to my lot, they now can climb the stairs. But I am trying to create a new build, and I want it to work normally.

What could be causing this problem is that the ground level of this building is raised a bit, so that smaller stairs could fit from the room above to the basement.

I can try testing this without one mod I am using but not for this save game, and on another lots, but it would take days and very long time, because this problem happens just sometimes.

Message 3 of 13 (1,468 Views)

Hero
@dirty_milos Could you upload your build to the gallery then ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (1,460 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Message 5 of 13 (1,437 Views)

@dirty_milos

I downloaded your lot to Umbrage Manor and obsessively tried to repro the Sim not being able to use the basement stairs but couldn't Frown Do you think that maybe something was spawning and blocking the stairs? Or your sim put something down in the way?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 6 of 13 (1,426 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It usually happens when I have a club gathering on the lot for a long period of time, for example a club is in gathering for more than 24 hours in the game or so, and I just find them all at the bathroom in the basement at some moment, because they can't climb the stairs to get out.

Message 7 of 13 (1,406 Views)

★★ Guide
@dirty_milos I've had that happen and it turned out that a hanging light or a wall light i placed with moo will sometimes block the sim. Check your lighting.
Message 8 of 13 (1,396 Views)

@dirty_milos

Ok. Do you think it's possible that sims are just getting in the way? Maybe putting plates/glasses down on the floor so it becomes unroutable? There's not a lot of room at the top of the stairs. Try moving the workbench out of the hallway so they have more room.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 9 of 13 (1,352 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Maybe, I don't know, I'll try to figure out. Thanks.

Message 10 of 13 (1,334 Views)