Re: Sims won’t climb ladders or stairs up to platform.

by SheriGR

Original Post

Sims won’t climb ladders or stairs up to platform.

★★★ Novice

I don’t know why but most of the time my sims won’t climb the stairs or ladders up to the platforms. Only once has a sim managed it and I had to click on the ladder to get her to do it. 

Message 1 of 6 (8,631 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Amber_Gem1994 You know, I did answer a couple of questions about the platforms and ladders, along with experimenting a bunch myself on this, yesterday. Please see these threads. Are you saying that the Sims cannot use the stairs  &/or ladders coming to &/or from platforms, or are you saying that unless you direct them to use that path specifically they will prefer to use a path that does not involve a platform, if such a path is available? 
Edit: I just tested in my game and also could not find the Sim preferring the stairs or ladder that were not going to a platform. The used whichever was nearer for me.

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so, please test to make sure this is not causing the issue as follows - and make sure you remove the stated  cache file:

Spoiler
Please move your Mods folder from your "The Sims 4" folder [Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4] to your desktop (save it for reference) and delete the localthumbcache.package file in your “The Sims 4” folder. Then check in a new game save to see if this issue is still occurring. If the issue is gone, please re-add the Mods/CC one at a time until you find the one causing the issue.
SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 6 (8,604 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I was also having this problem. I figured out it was because I put a fence around the upstairs platform and, although I was able to place the stairs and the fence in its spot seemed to go away, it actually didn’t.

What I did was,

1) I temporarily moved the stairs. The upstairs landing immediately surrounded itself with fence again. That is, the part that seemed to disappear when I placed the fence appeared again.

2) I used the Sledgehammer tool and deleted the parts of the fence that popped back up.

3) I replaced the stairs and directed my sim to use them. Worked perfectly.
Message 3 of 6 (8,538 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Winter_Violette Your issue sounds like if it may be related to the one in this bug report? What do you think? : https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Open-staircase-cause-routing-failures/td-p/9716427

It would be a good idea, @Amber_Gem1994 , if you would check out that Bug Report. I had assumed that since you were mentioning also the ladders and platforms that it was not the same, but it's true that you should check the details of the report and the posts of others on the report to see if you think it's your issue. Do you have open areas above the affected areas?

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 4 of 6 (8,533 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I never had any problems with the ladder stairs. I was so happy to see them, but I can't find them anymore. They saved so much room. Anyone know if they were removed from game? I just found them. They were in a different place.

Message 5 of 6 (6,815 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you!!!!!!!!

Message 6 of 6 (5,891 Views)