Sims that walk nearby home lot are added to my Sims relationship panel.

by prozakjesus

Original Post

Sims that walk nearby home lot are added to my Sims relationship panel.

★★ Novice

Hey guys, no serious issue here, just wondering if there is a way to prevent it from happening. I just spent about 30 minutes clearing my relationship panel because it was filled with people I had never seen before who had probably just walked past the house. Now whenever a sim passes the house they get added to the relationship panel as acquaintances, even though they are on the other side of the loaded map section. I figure it is a combination of having the Beloved, Incredibly Friendly and Gregarious traits. I have the WW and MCCC mods, but I figure that's not the root cause as I have 6 sims in the household and only one is having this issue. I guess all I'm asking if there's anyway to prevent this aside from just dealing with it.

Message 1 of 3 (579 Views)

Re: Sims that walk nearby home lot are added to my Sims relationship panel.

★★★★ Expert

@prozakjesus  If mods are installed the first troubleshooting step is to remove them, from the picture so to speak; that is, not guess that they are not causing the issue, but confirm it. How to confirm it:

Make a new folder, and save, and sim, and test to see if the issue occurs.

If it does occur, then the mods are certain not to be involved, since they are not present. Then the explanation is that something is amiss in the game code, and so a bug report for the game can be made/or a work around explanation found.

If it doesn't happen in a fresh save and folder, the next working hypothesis is that the mods could interfere. Then you need to look at what mods you have and ask at the modders forums instead of the offical forum for the, implicitly, unmodded game. This is a player help player site, and not everyone posting here uses mods, or uses the same mods, or in the same combination. Your best bet therefore is to try to speak to the ones knewledgeable in a particular mod, and so you first need to figure out which mod is at fault. 

But for anyone to take  an issue seriously, you must do so first. If you want me to explain it better, just say so.

Message 2 of 3 (554 Views)

Re: Sims that walk nearby home lot are added to my Sims relationship panel.

[ Edited ]
Champion

@prozakjesus Hi!  I just had a sim become good friends with Candy Behr, at the discotheque in Windenburg from Get Together, even though they have never interacted with each other.  I saw your post earlier and now I'm wondering if your sim has a good, great or pristine reputation from the Get Famous pack.  I don't know if it was the intention, but just being near a sim with a good or better reputation may generate a friendship, although it seems somewhat random.  There were at least ten other sims at the discotheque and both sims in this household have a pristine reputation but only one got that friendship.  Anyway, I'm wondering if it just might be a bug with the reputation system from GF.

Update: The same sim just gained friendship with two other NPCs even though he didn't interact with them.  Also, the other sim in the household is a 3-star celebrity which may explain why he isn't gaining the friendships.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 3 of 3 (514 Views)