Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims suddenly & randomly clapping hands

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Take a sim family to the adventure several times and also explore the temple. 2. Return to home.
What happens when the bug occurs? Reloading/Switching to other household/restart the game never fixed this. -- Sometimes(Randomly but recognizable), the sim who gone to adventure before suddenly clap his/her hands with treasure llama whim icon. 'Yea ha, woo hoo!' And this effect constantly continues. All sim in the household clapping hands while watching TV, sitting on a toilet, playing darts, etc. This is insane and need some tuning.
What do you expect to see? Sims shouldn't clap hands if there is no fossil around and the world is not jungle area. Also the sunny-icon effect should NOT happen if the world is non-jungle(home) area.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. JA update

Message 6 of 11 (2,117 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [JA]Sims suddenly & randomly clapping hands

EA Staff

Hi @99publicidentity

This behaviour is as design as it is part of The Ancient Joy Blessing, which can be passed to other Sims via social interactions. 

We have not observed any excessive behaviour at our end. However, if you send us your save files we will be more than happy to give them a look.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thank you for your report. Standard smile

View in thread

Message 10 of 11 (2,054 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

The various "Feel good" moodlets you get when Adventuring causes this. These moodlets last for a week and are contagious. When a Sim that has such a moodlet talks with one that does not there is an about 50% chance the other sim gets the moodlet. Since you have 8 Sims that go adventuring your entire household will pretty much have this perpetually.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 1 of 11 (2,109 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide
nvm
Message 2 of 11 (2,110 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Are you sure that one from the Adventuring household has not talked to them or are they in a separate savegame?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 11 (2,090 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

solved

Message 4 of 11 (2,088 Views)

Champion (Retired)

As I wrote it is contagious. Has it been more than a week since any of the Sims in that savegame went on an adventure?

Also have they recently uncovered and/or authenticated a relic at home?

Message 5 of 11 (2,081 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

if your sim went to the jungle and they start clapping out of random, mean they been Cursed. by the Curse of the Ancient.. buff looks like a little Sun icon on the buff panel. does your sim have that buff ? i believe it take 48 Sim hours to clear

Message 7 of 11 (2,110 Views)

solved

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

xsolved

Message 8 of 11 (2,092 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I know it doesn't bother me, but I can't speak for everyone. I also know that some buffs on NPC/ Walk by's gets their buff reset.. Curse of the Ancient could be one to get reset so it doesn't spread outta control.. it's just a guess

Message 9 of 11 (2,067 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @99publicidentity

This behaviour is as design as it is part of The Ancient Joy Blessing, which can be passed to other Sims via social interactions. 

We have not observed any excessive behaviour at our end. However, if you send us your save files we will be more than happy to give them a look.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thank you for your report. Standard smile

Message 10 of 11 (2,055 Views)