Sims steal from my home since the new eco pack...

by EmmO218

Original Post

sims furniture keeps disappearing

★★★ Novice

playing in my current household after the update and new pack etc... and some of their furniture keeps disappearing. its different stuff each time I load up my game,counters, sinks, bookshelves, tables & chairs etc. its not a sim stealing their stuff & its not the repo man as bills are paid! wondering if anyone else is having this issue or whether its a broken mod?

Message 10 of 41 (852 Views)

Re: sims furniture keeps disappearing

★ Apprentice

Having the same issues. I’ve tried updating, repairing the game, viewing the apartment manage worlds. First coffee table & everything on it, then chairs and dining table, then sink. So confused and annoyed 

Message 11 of 41 (809 Views)

Sims steal from my home since the new eco pack...

★ Apprentice

So I downloaded the eco lifestyle pack and now every time a “guest” or family member come to visit every single time they take something from my home... no matter what... all started since the new pack.. 

Message 12 of 41 (844 Views)

Re: College sims all evil/klepto/mean

★ Guide

Do u have eco life installed,sounds like the sharing is caring neighborhood plan

Message 13 of 41 (720 Views)

Re: Sims steal from my home since the new eco pack...

@EmmO218  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 general discussion section.

Do you have any neighborhood action plans active?  Specifically, the "sharing is caring" plan allows sims to steal objects pretty much whenever they want.  You'd need to repeal the plan to make it stop.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 14 of 41 (816 Views)

Champion

@EmmO218, yes, like @puzzlezaddict stated , certain Neighborhood Action Plans (NAPs) will cause unwanted behaviors .  The one that causes everybody to start stealing things is the Sharing is Caring NAP.  I've seen pictures from players who had this NAP active and even when they went to the festivals (from the City Living EP) Sims were stealing the tables set up for the festival! OopsDisappointedLarge smile  

Right now in one of my neighborhoods there is a NAP where fights break out !Shocked  I didn't vote for that one since I don't like to play that way. Disappointed  Now if I ever see a NAP I don't want in my game gaining votes, I try my hardest to make sure something else gets chosen! Raised eyebrow You can vote multiple times if you have enough influence, and you can even try to convince other Sims to vote your way. 

While I have yet to go through the process of repealing any NAP's , it is possible if you have enough Influence points.  It think it is 10 to start the process off.  You might give that a try.  Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 15 of 41 (801 Views)

Re: sims furniture keeps disappearing

@emdings  Are you absolutely sure that other sims aren't stealing the items?  If you have the "sharing is caring" action plan, sims can take pretty much anything, whenever they want.  The only current way to address this is to repeal the action plan.

If this isn't the problem, please do remove all your mods and test.  If that doesn't make a difference either, start a new save and test, with your mods still removed.

@ash-sulsuldagdag  Please see the above.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 16 of 41 (714 Views)

Champion
@EmmO218 You can easily stop guest or visitors from 'stealing' stuff or goods from your household by cheating, shift clicking the mailbox, and as @puzzlezaddict mentioned, repeal the neighborhood action plan.
You can also go to park or any other communal area, click the buildingmode and place a community board and start your own action plan.
Be aware, that inviting people to your house or organizing events will give you extra influence points with which you can vote for your own action plans.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 17 of 41 (791 Views)

★ Apprentice

I don’t have that action plan yet. Just ever since I even started playing it’s happened. The one That’s going on right now is the green garden I’m pretty sure. 

Message 18 of 41 (742 Views)

Re: Possible bug with NAPs? Difficult to track down.

★★ Guide

I’m having this exact same issue too! One of my sims would stop anything I told him to do, to try and practice programming which is from the tech support NAP which has never been active in my neighbourhood but it’s active in the neighbourhood next to mine. I’ve got lumps of clay and future cubes spawning in my sims inventories and while I appreciate the free money, it’s incredibly frustrating that my sims still stop anything they are doing even with autonomy completely turned off 

Message 19 of 41 (759 Views)