instant crush between sims

by miss_penguin84

Original Post

Sims steal/drop actions/random romance/etc.

[ Edited ]

With the new Eco Lifestyle pack, players are reporting that sims are acting out of character and constantly distracting themselves.  Common complaints include but are not limited to:

• Sims stealing, or objects disappearing lots
  • Sims spawning and playing with clay or future cubes
  • Inappropriate flirting and more
  • Frequent fights, usually without provocation
  • Inactive sims constantly cook white cakes
  • Sims dropping actions to engage in the above

There are two causes that work together to create this situation.  One is that various Neighborhood Action Plans push sims to engage in actions that might be out of character, e.g. Sharing is Caring enables stealing, Free Love encourages flirting and more even with non-partners, etc.  The other is that NPC sims can be influenced by action plans in other neighborhoods, not just the active one.

If you would like to add your thoughts to the current bug reports, you can find them here:

Sims stealing/missing items, also a catch-all:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-ECO-Objects-disappear-from-lots-NPC-Stealing-with-and/m-p...

Sims drop actions to engage in action-plan related activities:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Active-Sims-interrupt-current-interaction-to-do/m-...

Clay/future cubes spawning:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-Future-Cubes-Clay-Spawning-in-Inventories/td-p...

NPCs are influenced by action plans in other neighborhoods:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-ECO-NAPs-from-all-neighbourhoods-are-applied-to-visiting/...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 28 of 41 (1,587 Views)

College sims all evil/klepto/mean

★★★ Newbie

Made a new sim as a love interest to my main character, enrolled her in college and all of the sims that populated to live in her dorm had evil or mean trait and klepto, including mine that was not a personality trait that I chose for her. I could have her steal items and between her and her dorm mates, the dorm was almost bare by the end of her degree. The game also crashed as soon as the final grades listed and I lost that whole sims existence. Really disappointed I lost her and 5 hours worth of work bonding with a new character. Hope this just helps someone else. 

Message 1 of 41 (1,664 Views)

sims 4 dine out

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

how do you stop people from stealing my chairs and tables from my restaurant in sims 4 dine out?

Message 2 of 41 (1,668 Views)

instant crush between sims

★ Novice

My sim was happily engaged to her boyfriend...or that's what I thought until one day, out of the blue, a sim she hadn't met before came knocking at the door and she immediatly started trowing confetti at him and filling the romance bar very fast! Never seen this happen before. Is there any factors that can explain this kind of behaviour? I only got the base game.

Message 3 of 41 (1,687 Views)

Game glitching

★★★★ Novice

So after this most recent update my game is glitching horribly. Objects keep randomly disappearing, I place them, they stay for a day and gone again. The dining room table and chairs keep doing it currently. Also my sims keep fighting with each other because they keep becoming “embarrassed.” Any time they talk to each other it happens making their relationship meters go down really far when they are all family members. Already tried to repair my game but didn’t work. 

Message 4 of 41 (1,543 Views)

Possible bug with NAPs? Difficult to track down.

★★★★ Expert

Having a lot of trouble tracking down a bug.  I think it's related to the NAPs.

What I think is happening, is some of the NAPs are broken. Sharing is Caring is making everyone steal far too often. One is causing a Lump of Clay to spawn in their inventory every time some autonomous action is played.

The autonomous action is interrupting EVERYTHING. I tell a sim to paint, they start then almost immediately stop. They go to the fridge to cook something, put down the ingredients and stop, they start cooking, leave it on the stove and stop. They start eating take a bite and stop. It happens CONSTANTLY. When they stop, they do another idle interaction like drawing on a sketchpad (they don't own), exercise, or something else quick. When done, a Lump of Clay will spawn in their inventory every time.

The current neighborhood has NO NAPs active.

Using Show Sim Info, I can see the sims have a TON of hidden traits like these...

trait_CivicPolicy_SkillBased_MusicArts
trait_CivicPolicy_SkillBased_JuicedCommunity
trait_CivicPolicy_CommunalOwnership
trait_CivicPolicy_SkillBased_HomeCooking
trait_CivicPolicy_UtilityProduction

... and a bunch more all at once.

These imply that the NAP traits are sticking to the sims even when the NAP isn't active. It's like when a NAP is active, it assigns a hidden trait to the SIM which remains there permanently. As NAPs change, they gain more and more hidden traits that are never cleared out.

Something else is broken though. I removed all the "CivicPolicy" hidden traits from one sim and they're still breaking all actions to do some autonomous action and spawning the Lumps of Clay. I can't keep these sims doing anything for more than a few seconds.

I'm having a lot of trouble figuring it out.

Message 5 of 41 (1,721 Views)

Re: Game glitching

@katelynl96  Is it possible that other sims are stealing the objects?  This can be the result of the "sharing is caring" action plan.  The fighting could be due to the "roughhousing encouraged" plan.

Message 6 of 41 (1,509 Views)

Re: sims 4 dine out

@yseals12  Does your neighborhood have the "Sharing is caring" action plan?  That apparently gives sims license to steal just about anything.  Vote for a different plan instead.

Message 7 of 41 (1,600 Views)

Re: instant crush between sims

Champion (Retired)

@miss_penguin84 

The Free love neighborhood initiative will do that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 8 of 41 (1,629 Views)

Re: instant crush between sims

★ Novice

I don't have any mods either.

Like that wasn't enough, the boyfriend started romancing with this man as soon as he got home, lol.

Could this be in recent update?

Message 9 of 41 (1,615 Views)