Sims social decaying quickly + fabricator not working

by yasmin7380

Original Post

Sims social decaying quickly + fabricator not working

★★★ Newbie

Yesterday I downloaded the Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle and after about 5+ hours of play I have noticed my sims social need is decaying really quickly. This wasn't the case before downloading the pack and it has made playing the game quite difficult. I have also noticed that the fabricator is glitched. My sim is of the right level and whenever I try to get her to fabricate something she ends up never finishing the item as she gets a dye explosion. I am really disappointed by this as I wanted her to make her income through using the fabricator. If this could be fixed it would be great!

Message 1 of 4 (496 Views)

Re: Sims social decaying quickly + fabricator not working

Hero

@yasmin7380 

I can't really give you any advice on the social decay.  That might be a NAP induced behavior so you might want to take a look at what NAPs are active in the zone in which you are playing.

On the fabricator:  All I can really say is that is what happens with low fabrication skill.  Once you get the skill up, it gets much better and you don't get very many dye explosions, fights with the machine and break downs.  But at first, with no fabrication skill, it can be a trial as it does one of those three things about every third attempt or so using the machine.  Once you get up to higher skill levels is when you can actually do things.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 4 (448 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That's great thanks! I have noticed after leveling up on the fabricator a few more levels this hasn't happened since, I guess I just did not know as it was my first time playing that pack  

Message 3 of 4 (444 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@CGrant56

That's only partially true. How often the sims "fight" with the fabricator does go down as fabrication skill goes up.

But how often the fabricator breaks down is fixed. It's configured like clockwork in the tuning files, it's health has exactly a 20% decrease with EVERY use. It will always break every 5th use.

<U n="statistic_change">
    <T n="advertise">False</T>
    <T n="amount">-0.2</T>
    <T n="stat">16633<!--commodity_Object_Brokenness--></T>

I actually made a mod that decreases it to like 5% decrease with every use. So it doesn't break down all the darn time.

Message 4 of 4 (430 Views)