Sims seem to be even worse parents after last update

by Geezerbiker

Original Post

Sims seem to be even worse parents after last update

★ Apprentice

It seems that Sims have always been bad parents to babies and toddlers.  It's hard to get them to do what I tell them to do most of the time but it's way worse with parenting tasks.  Like with feeding a toddler.  One will pick the child up and sometimes hold it for awhile then put it down then pick it up and do it all over again.  Then when the child is finally put in the highchair, one family member or nanny will take the child out of the highchair and another will put it back.  This goes on for awhile sometimes the child steals some food off the table and wonders off to sit on the floor and eat. 

After this last update it's now even harder to get the family to take care of a toddler.  At first it was only a problem with feeding but now it's with all child care. 

Tony

Message 1 of 5 (1,061 Views)

Re: Sims seem to be even worse parents after last update

★★★★ Novice
@Geezerbiker I didn't download the last update but what you are saying makes me think about it, and you're so right. Sims sucks as parents, one day my sim (at sims 2) put his baby on the grill.
Message 2 of 5 (1,014 Views)

★ Guide

I know exactly what you mean and it is easy to understand : you are fighting the autonomy option located at the game settings. In previous games if a certain sim is interacting with something and another one wants to use the same thing they would wait for them to finish before trying to use it, now you can tell a sim to feed a toddler and as soon as you sit him on the high chair the second one would pick it up to play. The sims 4 is the only game where your sims don't do what you tell them to and it gets annoying if you tell them to read a book to increase skills and they suddenly stop to watch TV or dance.

Message 3 of 5 (999 Views)

★ Apprentice

It seems lately that my Sims are ignoring my commands way more than when I first started playing around 6 months ago.  Sometimes when others Sims are interfering with baby or toddler care I can send them off to do something else but they often don't go or if they do, they come right back...

When one Sim is in the bathroom and needs to go, I've seen them shoo the others our of the room.  Why can't they do that when another is in the way of caring for a baby.

I don't know if I'm just asking too much of the game but it seems to me that the updates usually cause more problems than they fix..

Tony

Message 4 of 5 (958 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I will also add that since the update or maybe right before, whenever someone puts a toddler in a high chair, that Sims standing right next to it has to summon another Sim to remove the toddler from the high chair. Drives me crazy!

Message 5 of 5 (942 Views)