Re: Sims running instead of walking

by RandomBuzziness

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims running instead of walking

★★ Novice

Ever since the update every sim runs around instead of the normal walk cycle, including townies. Never had this problem before. 

Message 1 of 8 (2,154 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Expert

@MelaninMoses What fixes have you tried using? Have you tried repairing your game through Origin?

While logged in on Origin

Select My Game Library

Right click on the Sims 4 game tile

Select Repair from the popup menu

Wait until the scan is finished checking your base game and all of your game packs, then check to see if this has fixed the issue.

If this doesn't fix things, then you might have to test your game without mods or CC. You can temporarily move all of the files out of your Mods folder (leave the file called Resource.cfg) into a temp folder for safe keeping, delete the localthumbcache.package file from your Sims 4 folder, and then try a quick test on a New Game. Do not load any of your regular saves while your mods & CC are removed. If everything in works fine in a New Game test save then there's something going on with your mods. You can add your mods back into your Mods folder one or a few at a time until the problem comes back. This will allow you to determine which mod is causing the problem. When you find the problem mod, check to make sure you are using the most current version & that it has been verified to be compatible with the last game patch. Outdated mods can do weird things & even affect the game in ways that don't always make sense. Be sure to check them all and delete the localthumbcache.package file every time you remove a mod that is causing a problem (this will keep any bad data from that mod from being stored in your game cache). Here is a good mod tracking site you can use to research your mods:

https://simsonic.weebly.com/modtracker.html

Scroll down to where you see Main Tracker A - Z and click on that. Most mods are tracked here, it will show you the latest status of the mod and usually provide a link for where you can download an update.

You can also check the following link for more information on known broken mods. If you see any of your mods on this list, make sure to update them.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980785/broken-updated-mods-cc-sw-jb-sept-2020/p1

After you're done checking/updating mods and everything looks good on that test save you can move all of your mods and CC files back into your Mods folder and go back to playing your regular saves.

Good luck, I hope this helps :D

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (2,056 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Expert

@MelaninMoses I'm not seeing this when I play. Is it happening in all neighborhoods in your game? Which platform are you playing on-- PC, Mac, or console? Are you using any mods that affect walk-styles?

Message 2 of 8 (2,111 Views)

★★★ Guide
@MelaninMoses Are they running like a Sim would when they need to throw up or just jogging? Because for me I often (if not sometimes) see Sims in my neighborhood jogging. But some will also walk too (especially the townies that were jogging just a few Sim minutes before). Do they always run or is it sometimes?

Also like RandomBuzziness said, I also don't see them running when I play.
Message 3 of 8 (2,100 Views)

★★ Novice
@RandomBuzziness I’m on PC and no mods that affect walk styles
Message 4 of 8 (2,075 Views)

★★ Novice
@AprilTheSimmer96 It’s like sprinting running, even if they have to move from the toilet to the door they run and all the townies run too. It’s really odd that it only started happening recently but no one will walk at all anymore in each neighbourhood and each save file.
Message 5 of 8 (2,073 Views)

★★★ Expert

@MelaninMoses What fixes have you tried using? Have you tried repairing your game through Origin?

While logged in on Origin

Select My Game Library

Right click on the Sims 4 game tile

Select Repair from the popup menu

Wait until the scan is finished checking your base game and all of your game packs, then check to see if this has fixed the issue.

If this doesn't fix things, then you might have to test your game without mods or CC. You can temporarily move all of the files out of your Mods folder (leave the file called Resource.cfg) into a temp folder for safe keeping, delete the localthumbcache.package file from your Sims 4 folder, and then try a quick test on a New Game. Do not load any of your regular saves while your mods & CC are removed. If everything in works fine in a New Game test save then there's something going on with your mods. You can add your mods back into your Mods folder one or a few at a time until the problem comes back. This will allow you to determine which mod is causing the problem. When you find the problem mod, check to make sure you are using the most current version & that it has been verified to be compatible with the last game patch. Outdated mods can do weird things & even affect the game in ways that don't always make sense. Be sure to check them all and delete the localthumbcache.package file every time you remove a mod that is causing a problem (this will keep any bad data from that mod from being stored in your game cache). Here is a good mod tracking site you can use to research your mods:

https://simsonic.weebly.com/modtracker.html

Scroll down to where you see Main Tracker A - Z and click on that. Most mods are tracked here, it will show you the latest status of the mod and usually provide a link for where you can download an update.

You can also check the following link for more information on known broken mods. If you see any of your mods on this list, make sure to update them.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980785/broken-updated-mods-cc-sw-jb-sept-2020/p1

After you're done checking/updating mods and everything looks good on that test save you can move all of your mods and CC files back into your Mods folder and go back to playing your regular saves.

Good luck, I hope this helps :D

Message 6 of 8 (2,057 Views)

★★ Novice
@RandomBuzziness Repairing it in origin fixed it immediately, thank you!
Message 7 of 8 (2,032 Views)

★★★ Expert

@MelaninMoses Hey that's awesome!

cute cat.JPG

There are differences on how a Repair through Origin works for a PC vs a Mac so that is why I asked earlier. 

Message 8 of 8 (2,026 Views)