Sims posing weird in gallery portrait

by KingBasieSims4

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims posing weird in gallery portrait

★★ Apprentice

Hi. 

I just created a new family and when I was done and ready to live them into a lot, the gallery portrait is weird. The sins are all over the place. And when I randomize the portrait, in some instances, some if the dims disappear from the portrait while others are moved completely forward occupying the majority of the portrait in with a facial pose.

I don't have any gallery pose kids installed. 

I do have cc installed as well as the MCC mod and lag mod.

This also happens when I remove all my mods and play vanilla for my world build save when I create a new family. Not sure if this is part of the sims or a bug. 

Message 1 of 6 (8,803 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims posing weird in gallery portrait

Champion

@KingBasieSims4, Thank you for mentioning that you use Mods and CC! Angel  That is a big help!  However, sometimes it isn't enough to just remove all of your Mods as sometimes little bits of corrupted data can remain.Disappointed  Therefore it is best to do all of the following steps:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder.

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game.

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC.

5) Now you can try adding back items from your Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method. 

The CC creators will usually update the CC items and Mods after these updates, so when you find out which one is the culprit, you can get the updated version from whoever made that item of CC in the first place.  You should try these steps anytime you have problems in your game to rule out CC/Mods problems.  It is the responsibility of the Mods/CC creators to update their items anytime EA releases a patch/update, and it is the responsibility of the people who use Mods/CC to make sure they are using the most recent version. 

Now, if this doesn't work, there might be another problem with your game. I am not aware of any bug like this, nor has this happened in my game (however, I don't use Mods/CC.)  Either way, please update us on if this helps you or notAngel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (8,774 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@KingBasieSims4, Thank you for mentioning that you use Mods and CC! Angel  That is a big help!  However, sometimes it isn't enough to just remove all of your Mods as sometimes little bits of corrupted data can remain.Disappointed  Therefore it is best to do all of the following steps:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder.

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game.

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC.

5) Now you can try adding back items from your Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method. 

The CC creators will usually update the CC items and Mods after these updates, so when you find out which one is the culprit, you can get the updated version from whoever made that item of CC in the first place.  You should try these steps anytime you have problems in your game to rule out CC/Mods problems.  It is the responsibility of the Mods/CC creators to update their items anytime EA releases a patch/update, and it is the responsibility of the people who use Mods/CC to make sure they are using the most recent version. 

Now, if this doesn't work, there might be another problem with your game. I am not aware of any bug like this, nor has this happened in my game (however, I don't use Mods/CC.)  Either way, please update us on if this helps you or notAngel

Message 2 of 6 (8,775 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi. All is well now.

I did everything and during the cc check found that I had a pose cc I wasn't aware of that was a CAS portrait pose and not a regular pose cc. 

Thank you so much. 

Message 3 of 6 (8,728 Views)

Champion

@KingBasieSims4, no problem!Standard smile  That is what we are here for!  I'm happy your problem is fixed! 

If you ever have a strange problem like this, especially after EA updates the game in a patch, it is always a good idea to do this same procedure to check if any of your CC or Mods are causing the problem.  Then if they are you can get new versions of them as soon as their creators update them to work with EA's updates, and if after testing you find that Mods and CC aren't the problem then you have at least ruled them out! Angel

Happy Simming! Party hat

Message 4 of 6 (8,707 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi! 

I had the same problem as TS, and I did all the steps you listed to fix the problem, but now the game won't start! All I get is an error message (see attached screenshot).

Message 5 of 6 (7,571 Views)

@siljemostervik  Try the steps listed here:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 6 (7,550 Views)