Re: Sims pets

by cronkie12

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims pets

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
I was wondering what is the purpose of spaying and neutering Pets in the game? Will they mate and have puppies/kittens on their own, without your sim suggesting them to do so if you don’t have them spayed/neutered?
Message 1 of 3 (279 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion

@cronkie12, that is a good question.  I think it was addressed in the live-stream (that I watched after the fact on YouTube) that some of the SimGurus did for us.  They showed us various aspects of the pack and answered live questions.  They said that sometime pets who have a more adventurous personality and like to roam the neighborhood, or who have run away, might mate with other dogs or cats they meet along the way.Oops  If you don't want that then you can neuter/spay them. ( Also, you I think if your pets know each other well enough they might mate on their own even if they live in the same house, so spaying/neutering will help there also.) Large smile

But most importantly, I think they added this to the game as an example of why you should neuter and spay your pets in real life!  There are far too many strays in the world Devil, and getting your pets "fixed" is just preventing pets from being orphaned!  (Plus in real life it helps them live longer!) Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (345 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@cronkie12, that is a good question.  I think it was addressed in the live-stream (that I watched after the fact on YouTube) that some of the SimGurus did for us.  They showed us various aspects of the pack and answered live questions.  They said that sometime pets who have a more adventurous personality and like to roam the neighborhood, or who have run away, might mate with other dogs or cats they meet along the way.Oops  If you don't want that then you can neuter/spay them. ( Also, you I think if your pets know each other well enough they might mate on their own even if they live in the same house, so spaying/neutering will help there also.) Large smile

But most importantly, I think they added this to the game as an example of why you should neuter and spay your pets in real life!  There are far too many strays in the world Devil, and getting your pets "fixed" is just preventing pets from being orphaned!  (Plus in real life it helps them live longer!) Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 3 (346 Views)

★ Novice
Wow, thanks so much! Perfectly answers my question, but leads me to another one.
Are we able to put animals up for adoption? Like say our other pets have puppies/kittens, can we put the litter up for adoption?
Message 3 of 3 (255 Views)