Sims in every save only having boys

by AnneSims34

Original Post

Sims in every save only having boys

★★ Apprentice

In the past three saves I've played, my sims have only had sons. It doesn't matter if they marry a pre-made townie or a randomly generated one, they always have boys. I only managed to have my sims have a girl once and that was only because I had my sim only eat strawberries and listen to pop music all day every day of her pregnancy. I don't mind my sims having boys sometimes but I don't want them to only have children of the same gender every single time. I also don't want to have to resort to doing the workarounds for having girls, because that feels like cheating to me. 

Message 1 of 3 (1,175 Views)

Re: Sims in every save only having boys

Champion (Retired)

@AnneSims34 

The methods in The Sims 3 to influence the outcome of a pregnancy do not work in The Sims 4. The only way to influence pregnancies in the Sims 4 is the cheat console or a Mod. It is random what you get. I have seen some complaints about only getting girls as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 3 (1,163 Views)

Re: Sims in every save only having boys

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@AnneSims34 
How many generations of all the same gender were there in your game?
Do you use Mods or cc of any kind.
For troubleshooting purposes are you playing on console, PC or Mac?

In Sims 4 it has been suggested to do like you have done to use fruit and music to influence the baby gender.
Boy: Carrots and Alternative music
Girl: Strawberries and Pop music
In Sims 3 there was a workaround that sometimes worked but I am not 100% sure if Sims 4 would show the same result.

The idea was to trick the game into breaking the cycle of all boys or all girls being born into the active players family.
Go into CAS and create a household with (for example) girl toddlers or children.
They can just be randomized and you can either move them in or delete them later.
In Sims 3 that worked to change the "all boys" cycle.
Not guaranteed to work in Sims 4 but worth a try.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 3 of 3 (1,135 Views)