by MintyFreshSims

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims in Houses Getting Culled

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I went into live mode with a household, travelled to another lot, returned to the home lot and went to neighborhood view and saved.
What happens when the bug occurs? Some households living in houses are culled. They were in the "other households" folder. About 10 households dissappeared.
What do you expect to see? I left the households living in houses in the "other households" folder, as they weren't culled if they were living in a home. I expected them to still live in their houses so I was really surprised when they were suddenly deleted.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The Nov 12 patch, ver. 1.58.63.1010

I have "saved" a lot of NPC-sims in favorites to not have them culled. I have unlimited sims in my favourites, currently about 350. The savefile is about 20 mb. I haven't experienced any problems with it before, so I think it has to do with the Nov 12 patch. I *suppose* I could move all households into favourites, but if I would rather keep the number of sims in favourites down. I was able to recover an earlier save, so luckily my savefile isn't ruined.

I tried deleting the localthumbcache to see if it would make a difference, but the bug still occured.

Message 1 of 14 (2,298 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims in Houses Getting Culled

Hero
@MintyFreshSims Maybe you just not hit the culling limit. It is pretty high these days.

This should be the current status: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/905991/culling-relationship-culling-amp-decay-current-st...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 14 (2,249 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@MintyFreshSims Only the households in my households are safe from culling. This was changed a while ago when this when they added the My Household/Other household tabs.

I would roll back to before the culling occured and put them in my households.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (2,285 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Did it really apply to households living in houses? I've had no problems with that before. Oh well, I've made all households favourites now, so I have about 700 sims in my households :')
Message 3 of 14 (2,256 Views)

Hero
@MintyFreshSims Maybe you just not hit the culling limit. It is pretty high these days.

This should be the current status: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/905991/culling-relationship-culling-amp-decay-current-st...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (2,250 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Thanks for the link! I think I understand a bit more now.
Message 5 of 14 (2,213 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@MintyFreshSimsI’m not sure if I’m experiencing the same issue right now, but both the Bheeda family and the Hecking family disappeared completely for me, plus one other. I have my sim count set to unlimited. I’m going to see if I can recover an earlier save.... but I’ll lose a lot of the progress I made potentially because I’m not sure when exactly they disappeared. I’ll keep them as played households if I have to going forward even though that seems a bit much. 

Message 6 of 14 (2,092 Views)

Hero
@junkpilejennifer If you have them in played households, culling shouldn't affect them. Sounds more like something else went wrong.

If you can't recover them via an old save, it's probably best if you made your own thread for troubleshooting although I don't think there's a way to get them back but it would at least help to figure out what happened and prevent it in the future

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 14 (2,064 Views)

★ Apprentice

See I didn’t keep them as “played” households, I think I know now that I have to keep them all as played households if I don’t want to lose anyone. I thought if they had houses even if I wasn’t playing them that they were safe. I had moved them all in and unchecked them as played houses to keep my played households list small. Unfortunately I can’t recover an old enough save to fix this game. It is weird to me that with MCCC I can bring back the dead Sims but the culled sims are forever lost, but oh well. 

Message 8 of 14 (2,057 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@junkpilejennifer As of now, even if I have it set on Unlimited sims, all sims who're in Other families will be culled even if they live in houses. I think they started to get culled when I hit about 600 households? My solution was to put ALL households in the Played category, and it has worked! It looked a bit silly to me at first with a long Played households list, but I've gotten used to it. Since the culling first happend, I've started backing up my saves with even intervals, just to be sure.
Message 9 of 14 (2,010 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Just happened to me too. 7 households living in a house just got deleted. Thank god for backups.
Funny thing is.. The game chose to cull them instead of plenty of ghosts that I know have been dead for ages in my save. 
The game should never be able to cull households. Take ghosts or homeless ones..

Edit: Just checked how many sims I have living in houses. 530. I guess my limit was hit by ghosts and homless sims. Culling is broken imo. :D

Message 10 of 14 (1,882 Views)