Re: Sims - go to work

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Sims - go to work

★★ Novice

I'm having an issue with Sims - go to work.  I can't go to work with my Sim's they just go on their own

Message 1 of 6 (441 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@teia7mcguigan 

Do you have a Scientist, Police or Doctor? Those are the only careers where you have the option to follow to work. (If you also have GF then there are also the Actor career).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (404 Views)

★★★★ Guide

You can't follow them to all jobs (only scientist, doctor, and police) 

Message 3 of 6 (379 Views)

Champion

@teia7mcguigan, in addition to what @jpkarlsen and @Coley666 said , if you have The Cats & Dogs Game Pack then you can also be a Vet and follow your Sim to work. DogCat
So you need either Get to Work, Get Famous, or Cats & Dogs in order to go with your Sim to work.

If you have any one of these packs but still can't follow your Sim, then do you happen to use any Mods or Custom Content (CC)? Wondering If so, please do the following to see if you have a Mods/CC conflict, as problems like this are common after EA releases a patch to the game like they did last week:

) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder.

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game.

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC.

5) Now you can try adding back items from your Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method. 

The CC creators will usually update the CC items and Mods after these updates, so when you find out which one is the culprit, you can get the updated version from whoever made that item of CC in the first place.  You should try these steps anytime you have problems in your game to rule out CC/Mods problems.  It is the responsibility of the Mods/CC creators to update their items anytime EA releases a patch/update, and it is the responsibility of the people who use Mods/CC to make sure they are using the most recent version. 

If the above steps don't work, or if you don't use Mods or CC, then it could be another problem but we need to first rule out a Mods/CC conflict first! Wink 
Please update us ! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 6 (372 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi all,

thank you for all your responses so far!  I do of course have the sims go to work pack and know that you can only go with those in the three select occupations.  I don’t have any mods so I would appreciate if anyone has any other advice that may be able to fix my problem!!

thank you so much! 

Message 5 of 6 (335 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@teia7mcguigan 

Rightclick the game in Origin and select Repair.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 6 (323 Views)