Re: Sims getting sick too often

by blockhart93

Original Post

Sims getting sick too often

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

PLEASE make some changes to sims getting sick! Ever since the most recent update for console before Oct 10th my sims get sick so easily.  They can be making food n their counter top suddenly gets dirty n they're itching,  sneezing,  etc n then they get sick! I give them medicine n next An object breaks, my sim repairs it then the pieces fall on the floor n my sim's start getting dizzy r itchy n sick again!  It's super annoying,  frustrating n unrealistic.  pls fix that.  Who wants their sim's getting sick that often?!

Message 1 of 8 (4,493 Views)

Champion

@blockhart93, I don't think Sims get sick in conection to dirty counters or the piles from repairing objects. Your Sims were probably going to get sick anyway and it is just a cooincidence.Wink  I've never heard of illnesses being triggered this way, only through contact with other Sims who are sick. So if one Sim is sick, keep him or her away from your other Sims.

I have noticed that once a Sim gets sick , they often have to take multiple doses of medicine to be cured, sometimes up to 3.  I'm guessing that this is to mimic real life where you don't usually take just one dose. 

Other than medicne you can drink orange juice, take a nap on a bed, drink tea (some say it is green tea, but others say any tea works) , and if you have the Get to Work EP you can create Snake Oil elixier at the science lab (but don't drink a tainted version!)  I also think honey will help with illnesses so if you have the Seasons EP you can try that as well! 

It is possible that the rates of getting sick have increased... but I haven't seen this in my game.  Does this happen in just one Save Game , or have you tried to see if the same thing happens in another save?Wondering

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 8 (4,476 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@PugLove888 Well, I've noticed sims tend to get sick if others in the same house are already sick. All the cures we discussed previously tend to be hit-or-miss, except for the medicine. I've never had the medication ever fail.

I've been trying the various cures since. The orange juice has never actually cured the illness for me yet. Napping will sometimes do it but mostly not. The medication has never failed.
Message 3 of 8 (4,460 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for trying to help. My sim stays alone n she was nvr sick until an object in her home got dirty. I took the meds n she was cured, but once something else got dirty she was sick again so maybe it's just in my game

This has also happened in my other saves since the 2nd most recent update

I'll try the multiple doses of meds

Message 4 of 8 (4,447 Views)

Champion

@Psychotps, yes, that was what I was trying to tell you back a few months ago, that medicine was the best cure. Wink  But it is expensive and isnt' an option for all Sims unles you play with money cheats.  So for those cases liked naps if I have time, and orange juice if I didn't.  i was only starting to expieriment with green tea, but then they always brew tea even when not sick so I didn't like it as much as napping and OJ. I still like medicine the best.

@blockhart93, well, I will be on the lookout to see if any dirty objects trigger my next illnesses! Standard smile  It could be that I've never noticed it before and that either noone else has either, or I just haven't heard of anyone noticing this. If I see anything that suggests that it does or doesn't have a link to illnesses, I will let you know! Wink

Message 5 of 8 (4,437 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@PugLove888 Thank u!
Message 6 of 8 (4,417 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, meds is best.  2nd best is green tea. Orange juice only helps with symptoms of sickness , not the sickness itself. Like before your sim gets sick u notice them saying their stomach hurts,  r they r dizzy but their moodlet doesn't say they r sick.

The orange juice is supposed to be taken then to reduce their chances of them getting completely sick. I can say the green tea too. But the green tea can actually treat illness its just not effective as meds. U have to drink it more than once. If my sims don't have much $ I use tea.

I cnt believe we can't take our sims to the dr for it to get preventative shots r something

Message 7 of 8 (4,414 Views)

Champion

@blockhart93, you're welcome! Standard smile  I actually didn't hear about green tea treating illness until I was watching You Tube videos of a person doing the 100 Baby Challenge. She always used green tea for her Sims (with all those babies and not being able to leave the lot for work (challenge rules) you couldnt' waste money on medicine, and you didn't have time for naps!  I don't think she knew about orange juice, though.  But recently I heard that any tea will help illness, but I don't know if that is true or not, since I don't know the person who said it and I haven't tested it yet. 

Sometimes my Sims even have to take medicine more than once, though!  At most they have had to take 3 doses. 

I agree that it would have been nice if we could take our Sims in for preventative shots.     This would be ideal for large families since illnesses get passed around large households so quickly! 

Message 8 of 8 (4,409 Views)