Re: Sims entering homes without knocking

by SennaWales

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Trismagistos No that's not it, especially because there's no option to chat to Yamachan for example. This happens when the family is inside the house doing their own stuff, passers by and sims that my family have some sort of relationship with (but with no key) just walk in, and the chatting starts after they're inside the house. I'm also singling out Yamachan because she (Octavia Moon) makes a beeline for my plants, and this happens more than once so it has to be some form of script.

I don't really want to resort to disallowing visitors because I like them here sometimes, just not uninvited or stealing my plants.

Message 121 of 213 (1,566 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@SennaWales Not gonna lie I laughed a bit because i remember the times i was a global superstar and would be swimming in my backyard and paparazzi would just walk through my home right into my backyard to take pics, very annoying. Anyways on topic, i don’t have that dlc yet and when i’m not a celebrity people actually knock on my door. So might be a bug or maybe dlc related?
Message 122 of 213 (1,544 Views)

★ Guide

😂. . .I'm sorry. . .😂

I laughed at the stolen harvestables. 😅

It reminded me of the first time I played Sims 3 Supernatural and the Zombies attacked my tomatoes. 😰

Anyway back onto the topic, yeah I have that issue also, I think the first version of this issue originally started up with City living, when the neighbors would randomly decide to use your sims trashcan instead of the trashshoot in the hallway,  though I thought they fixed it. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I know that the issue as we know it currently also started with Island Living. 

Its been happening alot off and on for me lately also. I have to remember to have my sim to send the uninvited sim home when they won't always leave of their own accord.

Most recently had ran I to this issue in City Living with that annoying teen from the karaoke legends apartment who decided to waltz right in and up the stairs to the computer after one of the two new sims had to yell at them to turn the music off, all they wanted to do was to go to bed after a long day of moving in and the kid had the nerve to just stand there and stare back at him staring at her and all her blank stare of a reaction said in return was "what?" 😐

Don't think any of my sims who have encountered the uninvited have had anything stolen. . .

Message 123 of 213 (1,527 Views)

Champion
@SennaWales I found a way around that by giving wanted Sims the keys to the house. So when the door is open the just come and visit. But because my Sims are also celebs, I have to keep an eye on the door, I frequently lock it and re-open it when family and wanted guests with keys come around.

@Wholesome_Goth These random visits and intrusions were fixed in the March update. Then EA also decided to give an extra by denying entrance to Vlad, neighbours etc. But it could well be that with the last update these fixes were undone.

So I will check it out and try to reproduce the situation in Yukimatsu. Anyhow, Have fun playing. 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 124 of 213 (1,519 Views)

Townies Keep Entering Home

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest?
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them *except*- StarWars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Move into house with stairs and play
What happens when the bug occurs? Townies(Including the town mascot in the new snowy escape pack), even townies I haven’t met yet, keep coming into my house, walking upstairs, standing there then walking out or they don’t leave at all.
What do you expect to see? Townies should at least knock on the door instead of barging in.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the November 2020 patch

Townies(Including the town mascot in the new snowy escape pack) and even townies I haven’t met yet, keep coming into my house, walking upstairs, stand at the top of the stairs, then walk back down the stairs and leave. Then, Sometimes they will get onto my computer(there’s an office room with desk and computer next to the stairs) and other times they will barge in, get water then stand there. If they don’t leave on their own there is no option to send them home and if there is an option to “Send Home” the interaction gets canceled automatically without my sim talking to them.

Edited to add: I started locking the door for everyone but household members, but even when I invite someone over and “invite them in” they don’t come in because the door is locked(even though I invited them in). So I would like to leave the door unlocked to let my invited guests in without worrying about random townies coming in also.

Message 125 of 213 (1,686 Views)

sims i have no relashenship with get into my apartment and wont leave

★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? city living, seasons, cats and dogs, get together, get to work, jungle adventure, dine out, parenthood, vampires, moschino, kids room, backyard
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play in apartment for a while
What happens when the bug occurs? they stuck in my apartment and wont leave even if i reset them
What do you expect to see? sims nock on door, if i dont open it they will leave (and wont starve to death)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Here is an example

Message 126 of 213 (1,672 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Random sims in my apartment or house/ Guest not leaving (Patch 1.63.1

★★ Guide

I'm having this problem in Mount Komorebi. LittleMsSam's Force to Leave mod has come in handy many times.

Message 127 of 213 (1,630 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Random sims in my apartment or house/ Guest not leaving (Patch 1.63.1

★★★★★ Apprentice

So I just had this happen in evergreen harbor on a new save in stonestreet apartment 4. What happened with mine was Nancy landgrabb walked in and took a mud bath in my tub then took out a bowl of yogurt and didn't eat it then chatted my sim up. I noticed there was a couple other sims standing outside and one was marked as a waste manager and they just stood outside for about an hour then left and Nancy left the same time they did. I got the popup saying remember to take care of outdoor trash and I have only the green initiatives nap active. Nancy did not have the send home or ask to leave options even after a friendly introduction.

Message 128 of 213 (1,607 Views)

Unwanted Apartment Guests

★★ Apprentice

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? December 7th 2020 Patch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Star Wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Live in apartments during festivals
What happens when the bug occurs? Random sims walk into my sims apartment, without knowing them and with no send home interaction. This happens occasionally, but almost always happen during festivals that take place in the same neighborhood.
What do you expect to see? Sims not making themselves at home in my apartment for no reason.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Has been an issue for a while. Makes the apartments feel like a community lot instead of residential, with people coming in as they please.

Message 129 of 213 (1,596 Views)

Re: Unwanted Apartment Guests

★★ Apprentice

So I've also noticed that sims will randomly walk in my apartment, head toward my sims guitar, and then turn around and leave, like they were queued to play the guitar, but realized "oh hey this isn't my apartment or my guitar"

Message 130 of 213 (1,557 Views)