Sims dancing at gym all the time

by IslaRoses

Original Post

Re: Sims dancing at gym all the time

Champion (Retired)

Here is a thought. There are community speakers that play only one genre of music.
Place the speaker with one that only plays Classical.
Sims can listen and get a positive moodlet but they do not dance to that genre.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 11 of 27 (753 Views)

★★ Pro
@PoptartJuniper Now my sim is working at the hospital. He is a doctor and now he is even dancing at the hospital. T_T It wasn't like that before. Something has been changed recently. I'm pretty sure. He has been working as a doctor for 33 days as The Chief of Staff but he hasn't danced at work even though he has music lover trait... But I haven't played him since the last patch update, June 3rd.
Message 12 of 27 (734 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@aodoherty I can't say for sure. My sims have always danced ridiculously to the radio, no matter where it is! They go dance.

I have autonomy turned off when I go to work with my Doctor, it's just easier for me than waiting for them to queue up something I don't want them to be doing in that scramble for gold.
Message 13 of 27 (705 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@EuphorialQueenUnfortunately, the music genre doesn’t matter. They do dance even with Baroque channel.. I tried the classical one too. I better delete the audio and listen to the music on youtube separately. T,T

@PoptartJuniper 

yes i think you’re right. I need to turn off the autonomy. There’s no point to turn it on in the sims 4. 

Message 14 of 27 (681 Views)

★★★ Expert

@aodoherty There should not even be an option for Sims to dance with the Classical music station. I use the custom music folders so I can listen to any type of music I like while my Sims think it's classical music. Party hat

Message 15 of 27 (653 Views)

★★ Pro
@RandomBuzziness, @EuphorialQueen

OH I confirmed it. Thanks. Standard smile
Message 16 of 27 (631 Views)

★★★ Expert

@aodoherty If you look at your Sims 4 Custom Music folder you'll see sub-folders for each radio station in your game. Here's the typical file path:

Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Custom Music

You can place .mp3 files in the "Classical" sub-folder and then enable the songs in your game options (actually I think they are automatically enabled the next time you launch the game). You can also disable the default songs that are already in that radio station if you like. This way you can listen to any genre of music you want and your Sims will think it's classical music!

Of course, you can place .mp3 files in any of the other sub-folders as well, but then you'd still have the dancing problem.

Message 17 of 27 (607 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@RandomBuzzinessThanks for the great tip. Standard smile But sometimes I'd love to see my sims' dancing too! My sims' dancing skills are all 5. So it's really nice to see their advanced dancing motions but I don't want too often. :D Anyway, I feel like this has been bugged since the latest patch? Because Zoe Patel maxed her dancing skill at home lot within a day, even not in club gathering status. I've never seen my other sims completed dancing skill within a day with free will..

Message 18 of 27 (576 Views)

★★★ Expert

@aodoherty Yeah it's possible this is something new. Lately I've been playing Vlad's household-- I added two non-vampire Sims to his household to have someone to play during daylight hours (I call them his minions)-- and Vlad is the only one of the three who dances this much (the other two Sims do not have the Music Lover trait). I've been sending one of his minion Sims to the gym quite often and I do not see any dancing there in my game, just NPC townies working out like I always have. I popped in one of my older saves last night and this bug was not happening in this save either-- I tested both at home and in three different gyms. Sometimes identifying what is causing these bugs to appear in some people's games while not appearing in others' is very tricky!

Oh and thanks so much @EuphorialQueen for that suggestion on Classical music stations! Party hat

Message 19 of 27 (557 Views)

★★★ Expert

@aodoherty One other quick question: do you have the Performing Arts NAP activated in your neighborhood?

Message 20 of 27 (540 Views)