by crinrict

Original Post

Sims dancing at gym all the time

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to a gym lot with speakers installed. Sims will prioritize dancing over working out.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims dance instead of working out. I have never before, through any of the prior releases/iterations, had sims at the gym crowd around wall speakers to dance. The interest in dancing is tuned higher than exercise equipment.
What do you expect to see? Normally, sims focus on exercise equipment - I've never before seen sims dancing at the gym, especially not when equipment is available. The only workaround I can think of is using a mod to adjust tuning, reducing incentive to use wall speakers, but doing so might break nightclub/bar behaviors.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I've only noticed it in the last month, June-May 2020

Changes to sim behaviors has resulted in Sims at gym venues congregating around wall speakers to dance rather than working out. I had 6 sims at the wall speaker dancing, only one using weight equipment, and one at a yoga class. I have not experienced something like this since launch, and it replicates at both user-made venues as well as default venues. 

Message 1 of 27 (1,693 Views)

Re: Sims dancing at gym all the time

Hero
@IslaRoses Maybe a NAP that could be made accountable for this ?

I've tested a save shortly and they are not obsessed with the speaker (but no NAPs)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 27 (1,657 Views)

Hero
@IslaRoses Are you still having issues ? Could this be in connection with NAP ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 27 (1,617 Views)

Hero
@IslaRoses Moving this to game info for further info and discussion

Probably related to the NAP and this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-NAPs-from-all-neighbourhoods-are-applied-to/td...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 27 (1,599 Views)

★★ Pro
@crinrict Not sure this is the same but recently, my sims keep dancing very frequently at home. 10 mins dancing, then 10 mins watching tv, then back to dancing for a bit, then back to watch tv...over and over unless I command them to do something. My kids are the same. I like to listen to music from audio while playing, now I'm considering I have to delete all audios and tv at home lot.
Message 5 of 27 (1,553 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@aodoherty I don't think that's new. I've permanently banished radios from every household I play because of the ridiculous amount of dancing sims seem to do with them around.
Message 6 of 27 (1,508 Views)

★★★ Pro

Same as me no house owns a radio just have them in bars nightclubs and gyms my Sims did nothing apart from dance 💃

Message 7 of 27 (1,504 Views)

★★★ Expert

I've noticed my Sims with the "Music Lover" trait seem to dance more often than others. Even my Vlad loves to dance when he is not Trolling teh Forums (bad Vlad!). I can't remember if he has that trait by default or if it's something I changed.

Vlad dancing.JPG

Many of my Sims without the Music Lover trait also dance if maybe not as often. Some of them rarely dance at all (well autonomously anyway). I have one Sim with the Geek trait and all he ever wants to do is play on the computer. He almost never dances. Luckily I have not yet seen this problem at any of my gyms. It's so weird how a problem like this affects some players more than others. Could it be the "fun" ratings of the various types of stereos that make such a difference?

Message 8 of 27 (1,468 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@RandomBuzzinessVlad has the music lover trait at the beginning of the game, and that's why he can always play the haunted music all day long on pipe organ.

That's...!!!!! Almost of my sims have all music lover trait as I love music! :D Oh yes I forgot to mention this too. Dance, then TV, then troll teh forum on computer, then serenade to their spouse,then dance, then TV, then troll teh torum, then serenade again...infinite loop...

@PoptartJuniper  I can't...I love to listen to Latin Pop music on audio with my sims in game. T_T

Message 9 of 27 (1,446 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@aodoherty I don't blame you there. :D
Message 10 of 27 (1,422 Views)