Sims clothing on both genders

by II-Aereys

Original Post

Highlighted

Sims clothing on both genders

★★ Novice

Hello! I was wondering why it is that Sims 4 will not allow me to use all kinds of female lingerie on male bodies too? (I am specifically talking about the one in the attached image)

Thank you very much!

Message 1 of 8 (6,592 Views)

Re: Sims clothing on both genders

[ Edited ]
Champion

@II-AereysYou can dress male Sims up in female clothes but you have to alter pregnancy switch on the male Sim and'/or make him use the toilet sitting. In fact give them more female properties. Since 'The Realm of Magic there is more gender fluidity in the gameplay
And if that is not enough you can always find an modification for it.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 2 of 8 (6,562 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@II-Aereys  Simply clearing the filters that designate male/female clothing will allow all clothing types to be used on either one. The fit may be a bit odd but it still works. No additional changes need to be made.

EQ Avid Sims Player
#EQCreations
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 3 of 8 (6,538 Views)

★★ Novice
@EuphorialQueen Hey! It doesn't work for the item in the photo I attached in the question.
Message 4 of 8 (6,527 Views)

★★ Novice
@Trismagistos The only way I am able to use that item is by changing the body frame to feminine, which beats the whole purpose of my character...
Message 5 of 8 (6,525 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@II-Aereys wrote:
@EuphorialQueenHey! It doesn't work for the item in the photo I attached in the question.

I humbly apologize. There may have been a change that made this not available.  I often experiment with clothing options and was certain it was successful in the past.

EQ Avid Sims Player
#EQCreations
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 6 of 8 (6,515 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey! 

Do you know if its possible to have clothing preference on both male and female clothes, or to use clothing regardless of the clothing preferences?

Message 7 of 8 (6,328 Views)

Champion
@MiaBlueMarble No, that is impossible. You either choose your Sim to have a male or female build and at the same time you can choose for a male or female clothing preference.
However you can try to create males with female body shapes and vice versa. It will give you a lot of options to choose from.
Have fun playing 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 8 of 8 (6,324 Views)