Sims can mentor other sims despite they don't have the mentor reward trait.

by Zack4358

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims can mentor other sims despite they don't have the mentor reward trait.

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every expansion pack except Island Living and Uni and every game pack except StrangerVille.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim with level 10 in a skill.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim with level 10 in a skill can mentor other sims despite this sim does not have the "Mentor" reward trait which you can buy in the rewards store.
What do you expect to see? Mentoring should only be possible if the sim has this trait.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

See above.

Message 1 of 5 (1,429 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims can mentor other sims despite they don't have the mentor reward trait.

Champion
@Zack4358 pretty sure this is not a bug, because it tells you in the notification pop up when a sim reaches level 10 in a skill that they can now mentor other sims. In certain jobs like personal trainer, it's even a daily job requirement for fitness skill. They don't expect you to go buy a reward trait just to do it.

I can't really say which skills it applies to, but the Mentor reward trait's description is:
"Once Mentors reach Level 10 in certain skills, the Mentor interaction becomes available and they can help other Sims improve their skills even more quickly!"

So it's for "certain skills" which probably don't have built in mentoring that unlocks at level 10. Try it with cooking or dancing or something.

Buying the mentor reward trait is not required for:
Guitar, Handiness, Painting, Piano, Violin, Writing and Fitness, because they all say that mentoring is unlocked right away in their notification popups.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (1,406 Views)

All Replies

Champion
@Zack4358 pretty sure this is not a bug, because it tells you in the notification pop up when a sim reaches level 10 in a skill that they can now mentor other sims. In certain jobs like personal trainer, it's even a daily job requirement for fitness skill. They don't expect you to go buy a reward trait just to do it.

I can't really say which skills it applies to, but the Mentor reward trait's description is:
"Once Mentors reach Level 10 in certain skills, the Mentor interaction becomes available and they can help other Sims improve their skills even more quickly!"

So it's for "certain skills" which probably don't have built in mentoring that unlocks at level 10. Try it with cooking or dancing or something.

Buying the mentor reward trait is not required for:
Guitar, Handiness, Painting, Piano, Violin, Writing and Fitness, because they all say that mentoring is unlocked right away in their notification popups.
Message 2 of 5 (1,407 Views)

★★ Guide

I have a question a little bit related to this; can sims with lower skills (level 2 or so) mentor others? I took two sims fishing and the novice sim could ask her friend (with skill level 2) to mentor her. That's normal gameplay or the mentoring should only be possible at higher level? Or as long as the mentoring Sim has a higher skill level than the 'student sim' ?

Message 3 of 5 (1,187 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi, i am a new player to sims 4 and i got the base version of the game for free of charge on october 18. Yes, you can mentor another sim when you are at level 2 fishing skill unless that sim u wanted to mentor already know how to fish. In such case, ask that sim to mentor you on how to fish in order to build up the friendship. I may not play the game enough yet but i did notice that sims tend to build friendship faster in comparison to other methods via mentoring through fishing. u can even level up the friendship to "good friends" status just by asking them to fish with u and u mentor them for several sim hours. i hope this reply will help to clarify your issues.thks.

Message 4 of 5 (561 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

This thread is older now, so I've locked it to prevent necro-posting.

If you need further help on this topic, please create a new thread and we'll take a look with you Standard smile 

solaire.png

Message 5 of 5 (533 Views)