Sims autonomy is turned off, but sims act on their own

by UhOhPurple

Original Post

Sims autonomy is turned off, but sims act on their own

★★★ Newbie

I've run into an issue with my Sims 4 recently: I always play with autonomy turned off completely, but in the past week or so I've noticed that despite autonomy being completely turned off my sims are doing random things without being told. They'll play with clay (which I didn't buy them), literally line up to play the piano, start paintings, and completely cancel actions like doing homework. I also took out all of my mods and cc since the issue appeared, but I'm still having the same problem. Is anybody else experiencing this?

Message 1 of 4 (2,165 Views)

Re: Sims autonomy is turned off, but sims act on their own

★★★★ Expert
@UhOhPurple Unfortunately those aren't "autonomous" actions. Those are special actions controlled by the NAPs. The only way to stop those is to repeal all the NAPs.

Not even MCCC's MCTuner can control those. I tried.
Message 2 of 4 (2,155 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I repealed all NAPs that were active and restarted my game. Things seemed to be going well for a few minutes, but once my sim woke up they immediately went and tried to play the piano again.

Message 3 of 4 (2,140 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Well, the NAPs are pretty much ALL BROKEN. They can cause your sims to become corrupt and may keep the NAP's traits even after repealing them.

I would recommend turning OFF the ENTIRE NAP system and leaving it off "NPC Voting" in game options.  Repeal ALL NAPs in every neighborhood you can find.  If your sims are STILL exhibiting those nap traits, then there's no easy fix other than to UNINSTALL or DISABLE the entire ECO game pack. That will fix the problem.

This pack is horribly broken and is a complete waste of money at the moment.

Message 4 of 4 (2,110 Views)