Re: Sims are very lazy

by EuphorialQueen

Original Post

Sims are very lazy

★★★ Newbie

Why don't sims wanna do what I want them to do for a long time? For example, I want they will read some books which I want. They are bookworms, but they don't wanna read more 10-20 seconds (real time). Why? They are happy, they are very happy. Why don't happy bookworms wanna read? I do not understand what is stopping them.

Message 1 of 3 (304 Views)

★ Guide

I'm not sure if that is laziness... but anyway, are you making sure they are reading a variety of books or are you repeating some? They will grow quickly bored if it is something they have read before, especially if it is a skill building book. Also, 10 to 20 seconds is 10 to 20 minutes to them, which can often be a good pace for a person who loves to read, but also likes to get other things done during the day. The other thing is, your sim might have some sort of need that could use some filling up, like social, and they want to focus on that before reading. Any other examples?

Message 2 of 3 (243 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Polen5  Some Sims seem to be easily distracted. Bookworms also like to "analyze" books.  I have them listen to music while they read and that seems to help. With the bookworm trait I sometimes queue up several actions to keep them reading.  I set the book outside of the bookcase then pause. Then I queue actions like read, analyze, read etc till the finish the action.
Things like being focused and having a "nicely decorated" space where they read can also help.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 3 of 3 (229 Views)