Sims Won't Go Upstairs

by MeddlinMegs

Original Post

Sims Won't Go Upstairs

★ Novice

I have been searching around for a solution to this issue, and I see it isn't uncommon, but none of the solutions I have seen have helped my issue.

I recently installed a basement in my Sims' home for their career-related items. It seemed easier to do that than add on to the existing house (I downloaded it from the gallery, I believe it is called "pink mansion"). Well, they will go downstairs just fine, but they act like there's something in the way and won't go back upstairs. I have tried deleting the stairs and putting them back in and removing the fence around the top, but it has not worked. I do not think anything is blocking them, I would think if that were the case, they would refuse to use the stairs at all. Other solutions I see have to do with CC and mods, but I don't have any; the only cheat I have turned on is testingcheats because my Sims have a habit of having glitched actions so I use it to reset them.

Any ideas as to how I can get my stairs working? I'm using the teleport here command for now, but my guests are having trouble getting upstairs as well.

Thank you,

Megs

Message 1 of 4 (613 Views)

Re: Sims Won't Go Upstairs

Champion

@MeddlinMegs Sometimes it can be an item that's under the stairs that blocks the sim's ability to re-climb the stairs. Other possibilities are enlarged items in the surrounding areas, items in the surrounding area that are placed with MOO enabled - or while the builder had Moo enabled. 

Is the room named "Pink Mansion living room"  in the gallery - by: mmlopes227?

Can you add a screenshot of the base of the stairs and one of the top of the stairs? Can you upload the lot to the gallery with a title something like 'stairs issue' and let me know if your user name in the gallery is different from here? If you do that and let me know I can download and test in my game.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 4 (570 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you for responding!

I've been looking around the stairs for anything that could possibly block it. I had a hanging light at the top of the stairs. It wasn't directly centered at the top, but I guess it was close enough because I moved it and everything was fixed. I didn't think it was hanging too low, but I guess it was enough to convince the Sims that climbing the stairs was an impossible task.

Message 3 of 4 (534 Views)

Champion

@MeddlinMegs I've had that happen also! That makes sense. Glad you found the issue and all is working right now. Thanks for letting us know! 😊

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 4 of 4 (532 Views)