Re: Sims Sessions… is in Session!🎵🎉🎸

by xochiquetzl_xkvn

Original Post

Sims Sessions… is in Session!🎵🎉🎸

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
ts4-tile-2021-sims-sessions-activities-02.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.817w.jpg

Nothing says Summer like a music festival doesn’t it? Now you can experience them in The Sims!

We welcome you to Sims Sessions with this update, a music festival where some of your favorite artists come together to entertain and to delight us with some of their most iconic songs. And we sure have a fantastic lineup for all of you! Drumroll please…

bebe.pngglass animal.pngJoy.png

Headlining the event, we have the award winning and critically acclaimed, two-time Grammy nominee, Bebe Rexha! She will be performing a magical, acoustic rendition of her song Sabotage.

Also performing we have Glass Animals, with their alternative, experimental sound that has captivated audiences across the globe. They will perform their top of the charts single Heat Waves.

Last but by no means least, is the soulful sound of Joy Oladokun! Recently deemed “2021 Artist to watch” by Amazon Music and NPR, Joy Oladokun’s words will stir all emotions and take you on a musical journey with the song breathe again.

Now that we have told you about our lineup, let's share how you can get there

willows creek.PNG

Sims Sessions will be hosted in Magnolia Blossom Park in Willow Creek on every Sunday (that is In Game Sunday), starting June 29 (TODAY) 5pm UTC to July 7 at 5am UTC.

Once Simmers load their game today (after updating the game of course) your Sims will get a message telling them about Sims Sessions (this will happen on in game Sunday in a new Save, but if you are not in a new save you will need to wait for it to be Sunday in your game after the Game Update), they will also receive a ticket in their inventory that they can view for more information and they will be able to travel to the location of the festival.

However, if your Sim is curious and absolutely cannot wait for the message, Sims can see the Sims Sessions pop up in the game in Willow Creek’s neighborhood map.

The festival venue will have vendors from which your Sims can buy merch and spots to relax and unwind while listening to amazing music.

We hope you enjoy this event! If you want to know more about Sims Sessions, you can visit the Sims Sessions website.

(EA_Lanna: Text taken from today's patch update notes. Catch them here: [PC/Mac/Console] Patch Notes - June 29th, 2021)

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 1 of 8 (879 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Okey, this post I understood better, nicely done! Don't know who any of the artists are, but it sounds very cute, and is a nice idea.

Message 2 of 8 (868 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Well, I just watched it and I'll say I'm impressed. The entire thing ran flawlessly. (Which in itself is a bit sad that I'm actually "impressed" when a bug DOESN'T occur)

I've never heard of them or their songs either but the songs were very good.

It's a bit misleading that the event is listed as being "in the park" when it's actually not.  I replaced that park ages ago and I suddenly got all worried that my new lot wouldn't be compatible and spent an hour digging out the original lot, backing up my new lot, replacing the original lot... etc.  Then I went there at 12 and nothing happened... something went wrong with the lot? Is something supposed to be placed there automatically like the San MyShuno events? Is my replacing the lot and not being the original lot causing an issue? Will this only work on "NEW GAMES" and not any existing games?  {heavy sigh} This will take a while to figure out.

I then got a notice to go there and my sim ran over to an entirely different area.

So, it's not IN the park, but NEAR the park.  Okay. I actually LIKE how that was done. I just wish I knew about that beforehand, before I spent the past HOUR preparing for it.

Then the event started and it ran great! I noticed a lot of the sim's needs were frozen for the duration so I didn't have to miss any of the performance tending to those, especially since it lasted about 12 hours.

Overall, Kudos.  Keep it up and release MORE stuff in this state. But tend to those bug fixes first. There are still FAR too many.

Message 3 of 8 (792 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

I really liked it!  I'd like to see more like this in the game.  As others said, it was flawless.  It spawned during a blizzard, ROTFL, but the weather cleared up (THANK YOU). 

I didn't choose to attend an outdoor music festival during the day with my household full of vampires who have no sun resistance for obvious reasons, even though they're music lovers.  Wink  Instead, I launched my save with a couple of married hippie chicks and their cats, and was highly amused that THE CAT was invited to attend. 

I was planning on bringing the cats, anyway, so obviously Aiko the cat said "Let's go now!"  Wink The cats were the surprise hit of the music festival, with people trying to befriend them between sets.  SUPER CUTE.  That said, I should have brought food dishes and a litterbox, and maybe a cat toy or two.  I will next time.

Anyway.  Yes.  Good time, will likely send them again next week with actual supplies. More like this, please.  My compliments to the artists. 

Message 4 of 8 (756 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I really enjoyed it, I hope something similar can be replicated in the future. Going into detail for those who had problems accessing the Festival: YOU NEED TO BE PATIENT.
Like all events in the real world, it's not like they start exactly at the appointed time, first the vendors arrive, then the opening acts perform, and finally the main artist performs.
The event location is reached by starting at Magnolia Blossom Park and heading northeast towards the river bend (as in the photo I've attached). Once there, wait a bit as I told you it doesn't start at 12 o'clock, after that time if you really want to hurry, click on your ticket and a new entry will appear inviting you to reach the concert location.
The save that I used was not new and I had no problem, the concert took place perfectly and the sellers remained until about 2.30 AM.
If the problem is the ticket not showing up in your inventory, I'm afraid it was because you were too close to Sunday with the calendar, try replaying a new week.
What can I say, it was a really nice experience, I will definitely replicate with another sim family.

02-07-21_15-56-32.png

Message 5 of 8 (697 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Lanna Why is there a SS snow globe on the swag shelf but there's no snow globe available to buy? It's all the same kind of stuff I can get from buying supplies on vacation, the only SS themed items are the shirts... ?
Message 6 of 8 (626 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yes can this be a regular thing now. Not Sim Sessions in itself but a Music festival as part of the rotating festivals if you have CityLiving and Snowy Escape?

Message 7 of 8 (573 Views)

★★★★ Expert

You know what I miss? The Sims Superstar.  Where your sim could record a song and it would actually sound better if they had better skills.

Record your own song, release it, get famous, and perform it for the public at a venue like Sims Sessions... Crowd cheering...

THAT would be awesome!

Message 8 of 8 (557 Views)