Re: Sims Only Ever Autonomously Use the TV for Movies

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims Only Ever Autonomously Use the TV for Movies

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Wait for Sims to use the TV autonomously.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time, the TV is only ever autonomously used to watch a movie. I have never seen my Sims watch a regular TV channel autonomously.
What do you expect to see? Sims should autonomously use the TV to watch both movies AND regular channels.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've made a strange observation recently. For some reason, whenever Sims autonomously use a TV, it's always to watch a movie. They never seem to watch regular TV channels autonomously. This is particularly noticeable in the university dorms. You can observe your roommates and notice how the only thing they ever seem to watch on TV is movies. If I want my Sim to watch a regular TV channel, I personally have to direct them to do so. I don't think my Sims always did this, but I'm not sure which patch this started happening after. Because this pertains to movies, I suppose this would be classified as a Movie Hangout bug.

Message 1 of 5 (663 Views)

Champion
@The_Ratticator I don't think it's bugged, as I have all the packs and as well as movies, my sims tend to autonomously watch the cooking channel. I think I've also seen them tune into the weather channel a lot too.

I don't know if TV preferences are influenced by anything in particular, such as movies being chosen when other sims are around because of the group watching, or in my case it's my chef sims and foodies that are obsessed by the cooking channel all the time, or if there's hot weather that's why they turned on the weather channel.

Or it's just really all random and you just seem to be noticing a period of movies being chosen a lot.
Message 2 of 5 (635 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I just did some observation work on a new save, and it's still happening. My Sim only EVER watches movies on the TV. They never autonomously turn on a regular TV channel. I have to direct them to watch a regular channel myself if that's what I want them to watch. They sat down on the couch to watch TV with eating, and they started watching a movie. I kept cancelling this action, and every single time, it they turned on a movie! It seems really odd to me that the only thing my Sims ever want to watch is movies. It's even worse when the movie ends up making them bored.

Message 3 of 5 (565 Views)

Hero
@The_Ratticator Did you test if the same happens with another household/save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (528 Views)

Hero
@The_Ratticator Moving this to game info for further info and discussion

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (498 Views)