Sims Online!

by NemoAT

Original Post

Sims Online!

★★★ Newbie

Make Sims online. Not GTA online but make it so you can play with who you specifically want to

Message 1 of 8 (479 Views)

Re: Sims Online!

[ Edited ]
Champion

@NemoAT Unfortunately that's not possible with how Sims 4 is made - or so I was told when we've dreamt of this in feedback in the past. You are not alone, though, in wishing there could be some way to work it out in a future edition, if there comes a time.

However, I have gotten a little creative with a couple of friends where we made sims or homes specifically for each other and uploaded/downloaded them to each others' games. That can be fun, especially if you chat and share updates with each other.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 8 (437 Views)

Champion
@SheriGR In the Sims 3 Showtime there was something like the suggestion @NemoAT made. It was the Sim port. Not precise NemoAT and you are looking for, but somewhat similar. The down side was that you could not choose who to send your sims to. And like me, i lost a few well developed sims through this Sim port.
We have had a small discussion about it on the Dutch Sims forum whether we'd like to see it again in any new Sims version. Some of us do like to see it return.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 3 of 8 (396 Views)

Champion

@Trismagistos Hmmm... interesting. I have had someone share a compressed folder with the tray folders needed for sharing an item (household, room, lot) without uploading it to the gallery (in other words library to library. Is it something along those lines? 

Message 4 of 8 (380 Views)

Champion
@SheriGR Not quite. The Sim port provided the possibility to play together, but you could not come in contact with your fellow gamer or see your sim in action. You could only send sims through the port and the sim would have to do some tasks in your friends game or vice versa. You could gain points and extra stuff for your game.

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 5 of 8 (376 Views)

Champion

@Trismagistos Sounds very interesting and creative.💡 Scary that you lost some sims through it, though! Sounds like you'd definitely want to send a copy of your sim from your library rather than the original, just in case. Or at least save your sim  in a household with all significant relationship sims in your library first for safe keeping.  🤔

Message 6 of 8 (348 Views)

Champion
It was nice to play the Sim port @SheriGR, but it wasn't like i imagined at first.
I had hoped Simmers could play together and even see each others progress or, like for instance in second live, could be able to interact with other players sims. May be that can be an idea for the next generation. Although i doubt it, because there will be to much difference between Sims and players, all was it for the fact that not everybody has the same expansion packs. And what to do about the in game cheats, let alone the external cheats and mods.
And then of course how to keep your sims alive? Luckily I had stored the sims I played with in or through the Sim port and I still save my most important Sims and families in an extra backup outside the game.

Let op:

Message 7 of 8 (329 Views)

Champion

@Trismagistos Backups are essential. You never plan to need them, but when you do nothing else will substitute. I backup on an external drive every day I play.

Message 8 of 8 (325 Views)