Re: Sims Mobile: Accidental Purchase - Simcash should be returned

by dualippo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims Mobile: Accidental Purchase - Simcash should be returned

★★★★★ Novice

Few days ago, I was changing my Sim's appearance in the closet. I was viewing my sim in the wedding dress which cost 59 simcash. My phone slipped out of my hand and I grabbed it. Between the slipping and the grabbing, I hit the purchase button which caused me to spend 59 simcash on the wedding dress.I want to know if there is any way of me getting my simcash back.  I can exchange back the dress in return- I have no need for the wedding dress. 

Please is there any way of me getting my simcash back. 

---

Stylzstar

Message 1 of 9 (2,378 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Apprentice

We’ve all been there! I’ve lost 50 simCash twice on separate occasions due to the lack of a confirmation button. The second time made me quit the game and not log back in for 3 months!

Finally, after accidentally spending 25 simCash again, I decided to reach out to customer service and see if I could get it back. I got a call and they were surprisingly helpful (read a lot of discouraging stories beforehand) and the rep refunded me the simCash + 2 additional simCash for the trouble. Now I’m kicking myself for not calling them the first 2 times I spent simCash accidentally. But you live and you learn!

The best course of action is to go to help.ea.com and click the "Contact Us" option. Here is a direct  link:

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=the-sims-mobile&platform=iphone&category=missing-content&...

Choose your game: Sims Mobile

Device: iPhone, iPad, Android etc

Topic: Missing Content

Issue: Had Content and Lost It

You will also need to know your player iD. When you open the game, on the blue loading screen, you’ll see it in the top right corner (take a screenshot really quick as it’s something you’ll always need in case of future issues).

I still have the phone number that called me in my call log history, so if you’re really desperate I can provide it to you, so you can call directly. It was an int.l UK number so I don’t know if it will be expensive to call, better to use the above instructions so they can call you directly.

Explain the issue, be very nice and respectful and with any luck they’ll be kind and refund you like they did me Standard smile

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (2,354 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Apprentice

We’ve all been there! I’ve lost 50 simCash twice on separate occasions due to the lack of a confirmation button. The second time made me quit the game and not log back in for 3 months!

Finally, after accidentally spending 25 simCash again, I decided to reach out to customer service and see if I could get it back. I got a call and they were surprisingly helpful (read a lot of discouraging stories beforehand) and the rep refunded me the simCash + 2 additional simCash for the trouble. Now I’m kicking myself for not calling them the first 2 times I spent simCash accidentally. But you live and you learn!

The best course of action is to go to help.ea.com and click the "Contact Us" option. Here is a direct  link:

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=the-sims-mobile&platform=iphone&category=missing-content&...

Choose your game: Sims Mobile

Device: iPhone, iPad, Android etc

Topic: Missing Content

Issue: Had Content and Lost It

You will also need to know your player iD. When you open the game, on the blue loading screen, you’ll see it in the top right corner (take a screenshot really quick as it’s something you’ll always need in case of future issues).

I still have the phone number that called me in my call log history, so if you’re really desperate I can provide it to you, so you can call directly. It was an int.l UK number so I don’t know if it will be expensive to call, better to use the above instructions so they can call you directly.

Explain the issue, be very nice and respectful and with any luck they’ll be kind and refund you like they did me Standard smile

Message 2 of 9 (2,355 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@ChristineXe Thank you so much! 😄
Message 3 of 9 (2,286 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks! The link helped me a lot 🙂

Message 4 of 9 (2,280 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi! Good thing I saw your post. I lost 183(?) simcash this morning after double tapping on a land for expansion. I followed your link but the customer service portal is still Closed, I’ll just get back to it tomorrow.

I hope they can return my simcash and include a confirmation button for simcash on the next update. 
I just recently returned to this game after a year due to the multilevel update. Now I’m feeling like stopping again 😂

Message 5 of 9 (2,068 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Arisa_DESU omg same! I left the game for months (almost a year) but the new lot and multilevel update made me come back. i've worked so hard to get 38k Simoleons to buy a new lot (which is 40k) in the neighborhood, but i lost 20k for a land expansion that i didn't even need. the accident has happened a couple of times before but this time it really bothers me. i'm afraid it'll repeat as long as they don't add a pop-up window for confirmation whenever we "buy" something.
Message 6 of 9 (1,984 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@ChristineXe I lost 90 once and 60 just now! Thanks for the help1
Message 7 of 9 (1,755 Views)

★ Novice

Just lost 300 simcash by starting a dig event I didn’t have enough clues for and clicking what I thought was the start option, I paid 300 sim cash to continue. I had high hopes of the customer service team to help me out but unfortunately was told they could not refund some thing that was already spent in game and saved onto the servers and that there were is nothing they can do for me. I’m going to keep playing and continue to save my money again but it’s very disappointing I had spent real money to get those and now spent it on something ridiculous. 

Message 8 of 9 (1,440 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@ChristineXeThank you so much for the information! I could not get my hard-earned (through ads and tasks) 100 SimCash back unfortunately (accidentally spent in the Sweet Treat Challenge which I failed eventually which means I got literally nothing out of 100 SimCash spent), as apparently SimCash that was spent in an event cannot be refunded. Came back to this game after a long time and I'm so devastated and demotivated by the accident :') Will probably delete the game again soon.

Message 9 of 9 (1,172 Views)