Sims Keep Having Boys

by AnneSims34

Original Post

Re: Sims Keep Having Boys

★★★★ Apprentice
@AnneSims34 i think it might be in the pregnancy section, it can also be on the mailbox or pc in population. if not in any of those i can look to see where it is
Message 11 of 15 (1,170 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@AnneSims34 I'm not sure you're going to like this. :-/  In one game, the family had twins (the mother had the fertile trait); one girl and one boy.  In the next save, the family had a girl and then a boy.  So far, that seems fairly even.  I was curious about MCCC so I downloaded it.  I also have not been able to find the option to set offspring gender percentages.  On the computer, I only see an option for allowing male, female or both offspring and for setting the maximum number of offspring a sim can have.  As you mentioned, I saw options for gender and number while the mother was pregnant.  Now that the baby has come, the only available option is to start a pregnancy.  I don't see any pregnancy options from the mailbox either.  I did some research online but did not find any articles explaining how to set percentage for offspring gender. :-(

One post I thought was interesting suggested that the chance a baby will be male or female depends on the number of males and females that already exist in the game.  If this is true, then perhaps there is an abundance of females in your game so the system has been attempting to balance out the ratio by giving you male babies.  Perhaps if you use MCCC to increase the percentage of game generated males, you'll start having more female babies?  Or maybe decreasing the number of generated males means you'll have fewer male babies?  I haven't tested any of this and it's a bit confusing.  Anyway, if you want to try it out, I found the "MC Population" -> "Populating Settings" on a computer's MC Command Center menu. 

Edit: Sorry for making a long post longer but I was just thinking about the population issue.  I went to manage worlds and then manage households, to view the other households that exist in the game.  As of right now, I counted around 118 males and 122 females in my game (some I wasn't sure about based on appearance alone).  That is pretty even, so if that one post's theory is true, I might expect to have around 50% chance of having either a girl or boy, slanted towards male to balance the male-female ratio.  It might be a little time consuming, but maybe you could check the households in your game.  If there is a preponderance of females, perhaps that is why you're seeing more male babies.  One possible option might be to delete some of those female sims with whom your sims have no relationship or interaction.  This might increase the chance that your family will have more girls.  Again, this is just a theory but possibly explains the issue you're having.  It might be worth the effort as an alternative to using cheats and mods.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 12 of 15 (1,132 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@JonaO703 I found the section of MC population where you can change the percentage of a male sim being put into the world. That might make sense about the population ratios, I'll try and see if that works. For the townies having children I noticed that it was a perfectly even split so I think it's just an issue in my active households. And no worries about the long post, I need all the help I can get! 

Message 13 of 15 (1,111 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@JonaO703 I started a new family and tried deleting the random female townies and I also have been trying the trick of the sim listening to pop music but my sims are still having almost only boys. I've been having this issue for a couple of months now, and I really can't pinpoint the cause. I think I'll try repairing my game to see if that helps. Thank you so much for all your suggestions though! 

Message 14 of 15 (1,089 Views)

Champion

@AnneSims34 Sorry to hear you're still having this issue.  Maybe the universe is trying to tell you something?  I have no idea what that might be though. lol  I started a new family a few days ago.  We have one boy and one girl.  I have not once tried to influence the gender since I found your thread.  So far, three families and an even number of boys and girls.   I remember when I first started paying with sims having babies, I really just wanted a little boy.  There was something cathartic about it; thinking about my parents and not having children myself. Anywho, I remember not letting my sim have a moment's peace from eating carrots and listening to alternative music. -Is the "raw food" moodlet missing?  Better eat a carrot then.  Better listen to alternative before, during and after every activity!-  This went on for the entire three trimesters.  I didn't want anything left to chance.  I might be a bit of a control freak though which is probably a big reason I like playing TS4 ;-)

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 15 of 15 (1,084 Views)