Sims Keep Having Boys

by AnneSims34

Original Post

Sims Keep Having Boys

★★ Apprentice

I've had this problem for a couple months, but in every save I play, when my sims have kids they have boys disproportionately more than they have girls. No matter what, they always have a son first, and a few times I'll have families that have nothing except boys unless I have the mom eat strawberries. Is anyone else having this problem and is there a fix for it besides cheating? 

Message 1 of 15 (3,855 Views)

Re: Sims Keep Having Boys

Champion (Retired)

@AnneSims34 

Do you have any mods.?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 15 (3,837 Views)

Champion

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the babies.  I know too well how frustrating things like that can be.  I only recently delved into the world of having sim babies but in my research I found a number of articles suggesting the mom eat strawberries, as you mentioned, and also listen to pop music.  Although, most also state this is not a guarantee.  I hope this helps.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 3 of 15 (3,801 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@AnneSims34 I remember in the Sims 3, you could just have your sim eat watermelon to increase chances of a girl. I don't really know if they have something comparable in 4. Never bothered to figure it out.

Now, I just use the MCCC mod. You can set the percentage chance of each gender, twins, triplets, etc.
Message 4 of 15 (3,779 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I don't have any mods or cc, but I'm willing to try a mod if that helps with the ratios.

Message 5 of 15 (3,716 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I did know about the strawberries and pop music and that has worked for me in the past, but I like playing sims legacies and I know it's silly but I try not to influence the gender that way. Thank you for the suggestion though!

Message 6 of 15 (3,715 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@AnneSims34 Ooooh!  I'm dumb.  I misread your OP, sorry!  I have a sim family getting ready to try for some babies.  I have influenced for boys a couple times and this time I planned to influence for a girl.  Now I'm curious to see which gender the game chooses without any strawberries or carrots or music.  If my sims also have only boys, I'll come back and add myself to your list!  Also, it's not silly to like what you like. :-)  And I totally get it, I also like to just see how things play out.  It's frustrating, though, if the game is slanted a certain way disproportionately, as you said.

Happy Simming!

Message 7 of 15 (3,706 Views)

★★★ Guide

Alternative music also influences for boys so if your sims tend to listen to that, you could be accidentally creating more boys that way too. I usually remove radios when my sim is pregnant to prevent them from listening to something that might influence the gender one way. Sims tend to have favorite genres of music so it can happen!

Although, saying that, I have now realized that my game tends to produce more girls among npcs (I use mcc to have the world repopulate) despite having it set to 50/50.... 

Message 8 of 15 (3,674 Views)

Champion

@ValFreya13 Good point about the accidental listening!  Sims are so sneaky sometimes; doing stuff I don't want them to without me realizing.  Nice avatar, by the way. ;-)

Happy Simming!

Message 9 of 15 (3,667 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Psychotps I just got the MCCC mod and I see where you can change what gender the sim will have while pregnant but not where you can set the percentage chance. Do you know where to find that? 

Message 10 of 15 (3,638 Views)