Sims Have Tantrums and Cancel Activity

by zanthiathemystic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims Have Tantrums and Cancel Activity

★★★★ Apprentice

Okay so I have a suspicion that this might be related to the Fear of Unfulfilled Dreams, so I don't want to put it in the bug reports (yet). I've tried searching for a confirmation or anybody having this issue at all, to no avail.

So my question is, can anybody confirm this is related to the Fear or if it's a bug?

A few times in this save, I have experienced my sim throw a tantrum (stomps angrily on the ground and shouts) and cancel out of an activity like writing or painting. A thought bubble appears with a red cancel sign in it (circle with line through). 

In the past I have tried cheating away the fear and the associated moodlets, but it's a 50/50 for it to work. 

Has anybody else seen this?

Message 1 of 5 (570 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims Have Tantrums and Cancel Activity

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

You guess is right. It is because of *Fear of Unfulfilled Dreams* Sims get an angry moodlet and will cancel actions if they have this moodlet.

You need to get rid of this fear via in game way: fulfil a want and then talk with another sim or with the potion for 200 satisfied points. I would not recommend removing it via on and off for wants & fears toggle in options. I got hidden fears stuck on my unplayed sims and they got still the moodlet from it. I had to scrap this save because all my elder would always screaming and running although I always disabled the wants & fears again after loading/CAS (I use now a mod which disable all fears. I am not a fan that unplayed sims can get fears)

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (521 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@zanthiathemystic 

Is this a teenager having a mood swing?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 5 (549 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

No, these are young adults. One of them just did it while eating... but while she stood up, she carried on eating I guess

Edit: Though I do have the High School pack

Message 3 of 5 (541 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

You guess is right. It is because of *Fear of Unfulfilled Dreams* Sims get an angry moodlet and will cancel actions if they have this moodlet.

You need to get rid of this fear via in game way: fulfil a want and then talk with another sim or with the potion for 200 satisfied points. I would not recommend removing it via on and off for wants & fears toggle in options. I got hidden fears stuck on my unplayed sims and they got still the moodlet from it. I had to scrap this save because all my elder would always screaming and running although I always disabled the wants & fears again after loading/CAS (I use now a mod which disable all fears. I am not a fan that unplayed sims can get fears)

Message 4 of 5 (522 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you for the confirmation, and for the advice Standard smile

Its odd because I've never noticed this reaction before now, and I don't mind most fears (most as the cheated on fear comes at ridiculous times and makes no sense, so I got a mod that removes it for now)... though I do have a mod that slows the rate of development down 

Because I hadn't seen it before today, and because I play quite often, I wasn't sure if it was an in-game thing (which might have been previously buggy and didn't show) or if it could have been some sort of mod conflict. The trend in which I had observed pointed more to an in-game feature, but I couldn't find anybody talking about it lmao 

Thank you for saving me from sorting out my mods folder all over again lol

Message 5 of 5 (502 Views)