by EA_Mai

Original Post

Sims' Fun and Energy drop fast

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion packs, all Game packs, all Stuff packs except: My first pet, Romantic garden, Perfect patio and Luxury party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just play? Haven't found anything that leads to this
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims Fun drops real low every day, I have to spend almost all of their freetime trying to lift it up just to keep them functional until next day. And my sims get tired (orange-red) quite early (around 18-20 clock) and try to go to sleep early every day, even if they wake up with full energy in the morning.
What do you expect to see? Sims needs dropping at a rate so that I could actually make them do something else than play or watch TV every day after they come from school or work. And their energy staying higher until later hours.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So I've played for couple of days again and noticed that my sims get tired really early and try to go to sleep every time they have an idle moment. And the other issue is that they are constantly grumpy because their Fun drops to red daily - I don't make them work hard at work or school so that shouldn't drop the Fun so low. I'm struggling to get my sims to do anything because their fun drops every day. So to just get them to do anything I need to make them watch TV or play something and then they have no time to do anything useful anymore...

Regarding the mods part: I've removed them waaaay back, and have done the recommented cache removes etc.

Message 1 of 6 (2,333 Views)

Re: Sims' Fun and Energy drop fast

EA app Team
Hi @Sozki - thanks for sharing your thoughts on this!

I'm moving this thread to the feedback section, as this is more suited here. It's always interesting to read comments like this because when it comes to the difficulty of the game, opinions and experiences vary a lot.

Personally, I try to increase my Sim's fun need with social interactions when I have other Sims around. For example, my favourite interaction for toddlers' is 'Play' with an adult - their fun goes up very fast with that. Better alternative than TV/computers, and they increase their relationships as well Standard smile
Message 2 of 6 (2,307 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Mai I just feel like it's dropping faster than earlier? I have had no problems like this before - that's why I put it into bug reports. I've had them being happy and content until this, and I've played from the release of Sims 4 and just now I feel like they are constantly dropping to red
Message 3 of 6 (2,248 Views)

EA app Team
I see, thanks for explaining @Sozki. Would you know more or less when you started feeling fun/energy was dropping faster? You mention you have played 'for a couple days again' - do you remember when was the last time you played before that?

Are your Sims normal or any special creature (mermaids, spellcasters, etc.)? What age are your Sims?
Message 4 of 6 (2,238 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Mai my sims are spellcasters. I don't remember if there was a patch between me playing.. Sorry for not being able to help more :/
Message 5 of 6 (2,178 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Sozki I noticed this too but mostly just with fun. It goes down quickly and it takes so long to get up. With a top level computer (10k one) and a modded video game, it took almost no time to max out fun before. Now that same method takes 5 hours. When my sims had no money, I just had to give up that need as a bad deal because none of the lesser methods could do anything significant.
Message 6 of 6 (1,879 Views)