Re: Sims Dying but not Being Registered as Dead/Removed from Household?

by jacklynharris

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims Dying but not Being Registered as Dead/Removed from Household?

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

WARNING, MATURE THEME: DEATH

I'm using Sims 4 for the PC. I have a number of mods (MC, "Deadly spells" mod, a "fairy" mod, a "death angel" mod, some height slider mods, etc.) and custom content but honestly I've never experienced this problem before and all the mods are up to date as is my game.

So I created a sims family based on a story idea I have. Basically I have to kill two sims. I already got rid of the mom (young adult). I used master controller to make her die from electrocution, no problem. The animation played, and the mom died and left behind an urn, turning into a ghost.

Then, I went and used the master controller to have her eldest daughter perish from overheating (I've had a child sim die from this by accident in a different save file, so I know it's possible). She turned to a ghost, but no urn and no tombstone. It's important I have one for story purposes (she is "revived" later), so I reset it. Had her manually stand by a fireplace till she perished from overheating. Grim Reaper came, reaped her soul, but she is still listed as a household member, and her action queue is permanently stuck with "die by overheating". Her body is gone, and a tombstone was left behind, but the tombstone has no name, and has the option to be "destroyed" which means that her soul isn't linked to it. Grim Reaper even left, she still didn't officially "die". Let the game run for a good 5 minutes of real time and no changes.

So I reset, had her die by catching fire, same thing happened. Body disappeared, tombstone popped up, yet again she wasn't linked to it and was still listed in the lower left icons as a household member (with "dying" stuck in her action queue). Reset, had her eat pufferfish nigiri. Died from pufferfish nigiri, STILL did not actually die; left tombstone without her actually being linked to it, still listed as a household member as alive (not even a ghost icon), still locked in a "dying" action. The game is not recognizing that she's dying for whatever reason, and not removing her from the household. I don't understand why; like I said I've never had this problem before. I'm not even using any mods to have her meet her demise (for example, I know using the deadly spells mod somehow results in a copy being made of the dead sim, so they're still in the game even though you "killed" them.)! I'm just using base game methods, like having her manually eat things or stand by fireplaces. Her mom didn't have these issues when she perished. Any ideas?

Pictures for examples: In both she has died from drowning. This time, not only did it not leave a tombstone but she also is still active in the household. She died just then in the first picture, and in the second about an hour in game time has passed and while her body is gone, she's still stuck "drowning". In the third picture, I test-killed the other adult in the house by having her die from a spell-caster overload. Left behind a tombstone, and the game even registered her as deceased so it kicked me off the game! (Though you can't see that part, but it did say the whole "last adult sim died" spiel) The problem appears to be just with children?

Message 1 of 4 (5,410 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

@jacklynharris 

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (5,374 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@jacklynharris 

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 4 (5,375 Views)

★ Novice

Yes, so before I posted this I thought I had removed all my mods. But it turned out I hadn't properly cut one of them (I "cut" it but then forgot to paste it out of the EA folder on my computer) and so that's why I was still having the problem; the mod causing the problem was still in there.Thanks, you were right!

Message 3 of 4 (5,318 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you, this was driving me nuts! If anyone else is having this problem, in my case MCCC was the problem. Hope that helps!

Message 4 of 4 (4,424 Views)