Re: Sims DlC should be free for 1 day

by Trismagistos

Original Post

Sims DlC should be free for 1 day

★ Novice

I had an amazing idea, what if sims 4 DLC was free for one day. It would make it easier for people who cant afford any packs. It would make the game more popular than it already is. I mean think about it, i'd be fun to have everything for free for a day. If you do this i grantee you that the game would be very very popular ( even though the game already is). It would make peoples day since we are stuck in quarantine. EA i hope you listen to my idea because I really to make people happy in this difficult time. PLEASE LISTEN xoxoxo 

Your fellow simmer.

Message 1 of 7 (752 Views)

★★★ Pro

I know what you are saying but to have all dlc free for a day they would lose a lot of money.

Message 2 of 7 (727 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Consider this a good exercise to learn to count pennies and patiently save up until you can buy a DLC pack when a good sale is going on. I usually have to wait until there is a sale when it comes to packs. Or, in the past I'd go for the bundle option even if it meant getting an expansion I had no interest in really getting. Be careful about bundles, though. I bought a bundle to save money and then a couple of weeks later a 50% off everything was thrown. @_@@

Seriously, though... the farther we enter the 21st Century, more and more people expect things for free. Too much dang pirating has gone on to the point those born in 2000 or later expect media to be free everywhere. People's livelihoods rest on making these things you want for free. If they did give you this stuff for free, they soon won't have money to make content or pay those who work on all the details that make the game work, create new content and so forth. Popularity comes at a literal price.

Message 3 of 7 (696 Views)

★★★★ Guide

The issue would be that any saves containing any content that then isn't available may break.

Message 4 of 7 (639 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Coley666 They likely mean that the price of all Sims content should be free for 1 day. As long as you "purchase" it on that day then they can keep it afterwards without having to pay for it.

They just need to understand that if they want something, they'll have to pay for it. That's just how things work.

Besides the fact that if that happened, ALL EA download servers would crash/DOS from overuse.
Message 5 of 7 (624 Views)

★ Novice

instead they should have a deal like give away 3 packs of your choice for free and the base game u would have to download it but the dlc are free for a day

Message 6 of 7 (509 Views)

Champion
@1DRENA I would love to do business with you on such a deal. What do you sell?

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 7 of 7 (505 Views)