Re: Sims Delivery Express, what is it?

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims Delivery Express, what is it?

Community Manager

Sul sul,

Sims Delivery Express, or SDX for short, will be able to make Sims Deliveries without needing a full game update. But what does this mean? What kind of things are a Sims Delivery?  Well, let me tell you:

• A Sims Delivery can be a Create A Sim or a Build Mode asset.
  • A Sims Delivery can be small pockets of gameplay that don’t require a Base Game update to be accessible by you all.
  • A Sims Delivery can also be tiny, little fixes that don’t need a Base Game update to release.
  • A Sims Delivery is always Free.

If you have any questions / comments / concerns about SDX please post them in this thread so we can best address them Standard smile

EACade
Message 1 of 12 (5,151 Views)

★ Guide

Can you answer this question: Why did you choose the name "Sims Delivery Express" when it at first glance indicates to most people new gameplay revolving around babies?

Message 2 of 12 (5,044 Views)

★ Guide

It was said that the first SDX was going to be a hairstyle, which one is the new one? Is it an adult hair? Kids hair? Toddler hair?

Message 3 of 12 (4,887 Views)

Hero
@amoeller87 You can see what we're getting in this post: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/sims-411-recap-nov-23-2021

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (4,838 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict thanks, I guess I missed that particular post that showed it.
Message 5 of 12 (4,780 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Thank you for SDX! I wonder if items added into the game will be indicated as "new"? Such as when you buy a new pack and the items are marked yellow in the build mode? And same for CAS items?And if it's gameplay related, will there be a message online about the details? If so where exactly to find it, so we can look out for future updates. Thanks in advance!

Message 6 of 12 (4,150 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @IrisuChan,

Great question! This is a fairly new concept and at the moment there is no "new" indicator on items added to the base game, this is something the Sims team are exploring options with at the moment to find ways to make it more clear what items are added in these drops.

Best advice is to keep an eye on the News page here as well as on the Sims 4 Main Menu messaging for the most up to date info.

You can also follow our socials on Twitter and Instagram for updates that may be posted there. Standard smile

EACade
Message 7 of 12 (4,126 Views)

★★ Guide
@EA_Cade Hello! Thank you very much, this is really helpful! Standard smile
Message 8 of 12 (4,106 Views)

★★ Pro
@LeissaMyst I would have to argue that to most people the word pair "delivery express" associates to delivery in the logistical sense. At first glance it would indicate something that delivers stuff fast.
Message 9 of 12 (4,084 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I really hope I am not necroing this since the last post was a month ago. My question is "Would it be suggested to remove the mods folder while SDX is making an installation and/or restarting the game?" I have read a few topics and pages of threads about this. However, I have not been able to reveal the general consensus about what is recommended. Also, I really, really loved the idea of Sims Delivery so thanks for creating it.

Message 10 of 12 (3,213 Views)