Sims Can't Sit On Dinning Tables And Chairs When Restaurant Is Closed

by bendami4

Original Post

Sims Can't Sit On Dinning Tables And Chairs When Restaurant Is Closed

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Has anyone experienced a problem with using dining tables and chairs on a restaurant lot where a sim can't sit on a dinning table that is not theirs . In this said lot the restaurant was closed and I wanted the sim to sit at a dinning table and chair in her apartment that I had made above the restaurant. The table and chair are not cc. Please help.

Edit By Crinrict: Removed all-caps from title

Message 1 of 4 (1,230 Views)

Re: SIMS CAN'T SIT ON DINNING TABLES AND CHAIRS WHEN RESTAURANT IS CLOSED.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@bendami4  The game have separate lot assignments for Restaurant and Residential, and cannot combine them. If you choose the lot assignment Restaurant everything on the lot is working according to that. To sit at a table in a restaurant the sims need to 'request table', from the host. If the restaurant is closed there is no host on the lot.

Sofas and love seats are not included in the restaurant requirements and so they do not need any special interaction and can be used however the player wants.

Message 2 of 4 (1,214 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the explanation.

I have found that desk chairs and desks work. are you aware of anyway to tag the dinning tables and chairs as desks and desk chairs to make Sims interact with the dinning tables and chairs like desks and desk chairs?

Message 3 of 4 (1,170 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@bendami4  No, sorry. Perhaps someone else here knows.

Message 4 of 4 (1,165 Views)