Sims 5 - Speculations & Ideas

by 12becca

Original Post

Re: Is their a sims 5 coming out on ps4 platform and ps5 platform??

★★★ Novice
@jpkarlsen I wanna say thanks for the reply and their is no reason for the smart reply, it's just a simple question. Your attitude is unnecessary!!
Message 131 of 143 (738 Views)

Suggestions for The Sims 5

★★★ Newbie

Suggestions for The Sims 5

imported from a tweet i made, due to @EAHelp responding to it and saying to post it here...

just wanted to submit some features i hope would be considered in the sims 5. As a longtime player of the sims, bustin out, 2, urbz, 3 (every expansion and some store content), and 4, ive enjoyed features from all of them and had some ideas that many veteran players could agree on. With that, heres what im hopefully suggesting:

-bring back co op, similar to sims 1 and 2/urbz console versions, but make it drop in-drop out as local server as an indivudal for online playing. A simple checkbox option could satisfy those who dont want to play MP. And maybe up to like 5 players per server or something close to that?

-keep mods in the game, please. Weve seen how successful mods can be in the sims 3 and keep the game alive for years to come.

-the open world system of 3 was perfect in my opinion, so please dont make it closed off like in 4 or previous versions, minus 3.

-the sims 4 had amazing optimization, even though it was load-locked for zones. Please make 5 as well-optimized, if not better. And ways to increase resources like available RAM would be helpful, if needed.

Conclusion: i hope the devs considers these suggestions and forwards them to the appropriate team. And really, the multiplayer is the biggest one for me, as the games have been out for some time since online gaming has greatly evolved, and the sims havent really capitalized on it.

Message 132 of 143 (759 Views)

Re: Suggestions for The Sims 5

Champion

@Burgererer , I've moved your post to the correct section of the Forum. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 133 of 143 (715 Views)

Re: Suggestions for The Sims 5

What The Sims 5 desperately needs is The Sims Team listening to feedback, doing research and realize all mistakes they've made with base game.

Base game is they key part of the game, not numerous DLCs. They need to focus on sim's personality - TS5 needs to have robust deep personalities with all systems that are tied to each other, we shouldn't end up in position we are right know with TS4 when we are still hoping for basic system like attractions / chemistry. TS5 base game needs everything personality related right from the start so other expansion packs just expand it. Other systems (like relationships, skills...) should be also good from the start.

The Sims 5 needs to return to roots of franchise -- challenging gameplay (not scenarious), hard gameplay, difficulty. Relationship should be more harder, getting money should be harder, being fired from job should be something I should be afraid of...

The core gameplay should be about families - The Sims is a live simulator and families are essential part of our life. I expect DLCs to expand this, but I should not need them to have meaningul family gameplay. Another part is the rich gameplay for all life stages - they all should be fleshed out. Basically what I want to say is that I expect Parenthood and Generations as a must for base game.

Seasons and appartments should be in base game. I live in an appartment, it is part of my life, I don't get why should I pay for this possibility while those who live in house get it from the start. Having appartments in base game would be actually more useful for future worlds. And Seasons? Its The Sims 5, you can do simple weather. Pets are also on my list, having cats and dogs would give them more opportunities later. 

The representation - everything we have now and everything we will have (like pronouns) should be already implemented in TS5 base game at release, there is no justification for it. The Sims 5 should also do better. Disabilities are overdue and they should be the new groundbreaking addition. Gender and sexualities should be expanded. Different cultures should get represenation right from the start.

Balance - we can't again have game in which feminine YA sims get all attention while we have to beg for more masculine clothes and clothes for kids, teens and toddlers.

Updates - The Sims 5 needs to bring back monthly updates that would expand cultural part of the game

New life stages - teens should be teens. And then, we need infants (cause the difference between newborn and toddlers is enormous), preschool kid and preteens. 

Message 134 of 143 (697 Views)

Re: Is their a sims 5 coming out on ps4 platform and ps5 platform??

@ADOSEOFBETTY I fully respect this reply! I was thinking the same thing when they replied to me personally too! I was like is it just the way they’re writing it or is it intended like that cause sims ain’t that serious, I’m thinking like what did sims do to this person?! 😂🤣
Message 135 of 143 (629 Views)

Imagine in Sims 5

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Imagine in the next Sims we have something like personality types, like for example Enneagram or MBTI, which will determine the basics of how our character is "wired", or the nature of our character. And then we still get to choose our likes and dislikes, which is more like the "nurture" of the character.

Of course, a player wouldn't go too deep into detail learning what the heck is the cognitive function Large smile

We could maybe get a scale to choose how much of an introvert someone is, for example. Like in the Sims 1 we would fill a bar and it would give us what Zodiac sign the Sim could be. So maybe here we could get some sort of scale that determines main traits of our Sim's nature, and depending on that we could have 16 different personality types.
A lot of the "main" traits we have in the Sims 4 aren't really something that defines someone's personality, it's more like nurture rather than nature. And of course we would get to pick a lot of those "likes and dislikes" that just add more depth to our Sim's character.

Message 136 of 143 (534 Views)

Re: Sims 5 - Speculations & Ideas

★★★★★ Newbie

I've run out of patience 😫 I really hope they announce it soon! It's now June 2022! I'd be devastated if they didn't release a sims 5, but that wouldn't make economic sense as the sales would do so well.

I really hope to see more diversity with sims- disabilities, neuro diversity, mobility aids, more careers you can play like running a hotel/motel/caravan park, dog grooming, getting payments for being a foster parent etc. So many possibilities! 

I just wish they would at least announce something 😔 And I have played every sims since the start so I'd happily put my hand up to be a beta tester 🤣

Message 137 of 143 (471 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@JerlisaS I have a few disabilities- physical and psychological, so it would be great for inclusion to be represented. I'm available if EA Games needs someone from the disabled community to consult 🤣🤞🏻
Message 138 of 143 (466 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

People, we need to think about some important things, first of all, Maxis, is not the same after the launch of the sims 4, the size of the studio is decreased, and the devs are less, second, Maxis work for EA, aaaand, everyone here knows how much EA like money, third, the (de)evolution of the videogame industry, today, a lot of game, are GAAS (game as a service), and more and more software houses, have GAAS in theyre future plans, and, if EA think it can print money, they don't mind a second to trasform the series of the sims, in a MMO/GAAS, so, we really need a 5th chapter of the sims? I mean, if the devs made a miracle and modify some little things of the game, we still have a game with the potential of another 20 years of fun, for example, the neighborhood in the sims, are divided in "sub-neighborhood", if they can made the possibility to travel in the lot of the "sub-neighborhood" without any sort of loading, well is a good thing (and is a thing modders, without the hardware, financial and human resources of maxis, made, yes, not exactly in this term, but, they made), have the possibility do diversify our neighborhood, like the suggestion i made a month ago, for divide lots, in sub-lots, insert much traits, the possibility to diversify the "composition" of clothes and stuff like in the sims 3, and much more, but at this moment, the only things we can do is, pray, because we are don't see by EA as a players, we are see as a cows, on 2 days, the werewolves pack coming out, is the what, third, fourth pack with supernatural creatures? in the sims 3, pratically all supernatural creatures, was relased in a single pack, we are just money fo EA, if anyone here, really think, for important things, we are listened? How many time, after a suggestion, we recive the message says more-less "great idea, i talk about this feedback to the devs", and in 8 years, how many time a feedback, are really listened? I know, they can't stay back of the ideas of everyone, but, in 8 years, no one have a good idea, for something, really possible to made? I don't think so, simple, for companies, we don't know, or we can't decide what we like, company knows, company decide, what we like, because, if really we have a little small decisional power, something like, the S.W. expantion, never made the light, and i know some of you what think now, if you don't like it, don't buy it, and yes, is correct, and is something i do, but i'm only a drop in the ocean, if i don't buy, there are 10 other people buying, so, is an infinite loop, and the only thing we can made, like i said before, is pray, pray for the feature, and things, we dreamed in the game, someday will be added, because, trust me, looking at the industry right now, the risk, of the next chapter of the sims, became the grave stone of the series, is very, very high.

Message 139 of 143 (418 Views)

Sims 5 NEEDS & MUSTS

★★★ Newbie

1. We absolutely NEED Simmers to create ALL LOTS for Sims 5.  Mrdesims, Sarina_Sims, Doctor Ashley & Kate Emerald - to name a few, are without a shadow of a doubt THE BEST at creating beautiful homes with the most basic of things and debugs.... So what if they built all of the lots for Sims 5?? 🏡

2. We NEED normal things back! And the kits, packs and expansions need to MAKE SENSE! Some of the content we've got in certain packs just don't meet our standards or build have been better related to another pack/kit/expansion. We still don't have cars 🚗or a drumkit!? 🥁

3. YOU NEED TO BE Stopped! 🚫✋🏻 It's criminal to give us swatches that don't match, why are we only getting basic wallpapers, and why does some of the furniture 💺make no sense? We have so many beautiful CC or 'painted from memory' artwork on the gallery... But why is the artwork that we're paying for, not meet the same standards? 🎨

4. THEY MISSED A LOT OF OPPORTUNITIES... Why haven't we had a superhero pack? Why haven't they made collabs with Disney? 👸 Why don't we have a mermaid underworld?🧜‍♀️Why can't we build/see more of the alien homeland? 🚀What even is the Star Wars pack, I have serious regrets buying it! 😒 Why can't we see our sims go to work in all jobs? Why can't we go to class in college? 🎓 Why didn't they create clothes packs for different styles and eras instead? - For example a hip hop/Street style,🏀 a rock 👨‍🎤 & skater style🛹, a cultural clothing pack with several cultural clothing, a hippy/bohemian  pack etc... There's so many things they could've done with this instead. A hippy pack could've had your aliens 👽 included, camping stuff/caravans, musical instruments where you can create festivals etc. it would've been so much more interesting and the content would've been better suited in packs like this where you could create lifestyles that are more realistic.

5. Why why why did they not make an option to be a good witch or a bad/dark witch? WHY DID THEY NOT MAKE A HARRY POTTER COLLAB!? ⚡🧙‍♂️

6. I NEED body hair, more realistic scars, disabilities represented more. Give us walking sticks, wheelchairs, give us casts & crutches, give us amputated limbs and prosthetics & hearing aids! 🦵🦿🦾🦻👩‍🦽👩‍🦼

WE NEED ANSWERS AND WE WANT BETTER FOR SIMS 5 🙏🏻

Message 140 of 143 (376 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help