Re: What would you like to see in The Sims 5?

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

★ Novice

Yes, I definitely agree with you!

• What I dislike above all is unnecessary loading screens so hopefully the open world is back in the Sims 5.
  • Being able to fast-forward in high speed is important too.
  • Even more options in customizing your sim. For example I'd like my sim to be able to have huge eyelashes because they can make a big difference Large smile
  • More realistic graphics. Some of the simmers have made amazing and very realistic skins so I'm hoping the game creators could do the same.
  • No stuff packs please Large smile
  • My favorite expansion pack was probably open for business for sims 2, so I'd love to have it in sims 5.
  • It would be great if every sim was crazy about one of my sims and no one was interested in another.
  • And of course everything from the sims 3 that the sims 4 doesn't have.

What new things would people like to see in the sims 5? I heard some would like a superhero expansion pack Large smile

Message 51 of 143 (1,005 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Some of what you suggest will make the minimum requirements for the game increase a lot. I doubt that EA will cut off so much of the games fan base. A lot currently have trouble running the game at low settings.

As for stuff packs they will be there but just as now you do not have to buy them.

If every Sim was crazy about just one of your sims how would the others get partners and visiting a park or venue would mean that about 10-20 strange sims immediately tried to be romantic with your Sim all at once. I don't think you gave much thought to that idea. and what should determine which of your sims was the unlucky one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 52 of 143 (993 Views)

Champion

@5S2014, & @susaiz, the big problem is just like what @jpkarlsen stated -- a lot of these requests would up the game requirements so that a lot of people wouldn't be able to play. Frown  The open world (without multiple loading screens) and the ability to customize every item in its color and pattern slowed many people's computers to the point where they would grind to a halt! Teeth bared This would take much, much longer than the short loading screen that TS4 has! Devil  Add this to the fact that for many people it would take more than 30 min just to load the game in the first place! Disappointed  Sure, I would like theses features if the vast majority of people can still play their game, but if it is a question of either/or, I will take multiple short loading screens any day! Standard smile

Also, TS3 had more realistic looking Sims, and hardly anybody liked them.  People constantly described them as "doughy"! Large smile  I thought the females looked alright, but never liked the males in TS3 for this reason.  Also, the TS3 toddlers were the least attractive of the 3 versions (TS4 has the cutest, followed by TS2, then TS3 since TS1 never had toddlers!) Wink  IMHO, I think that TS4 is the best looking of all  the versions of The Sims! Cool But I do agree that TS2 had the best gameplay! HeartParty hat  For this reason TS2 is my favorite version of the Sims, but I love each version for its own reasons! Heart

I really hope that if and when there is a TS5 it will come with multiple types of staricases: L-shaped, curved, spiral, switchback, regular, (I wouldn't even object to ladders and paddle staircases!) Large smile  That, and the ability to make split-level houses! Heart

I also hope that children can at least help in the garden.  I can see their not being able to use bug spray for health reasons, but they should at least be able to water the plants! Raised eyebrowLarge smile

Happy Simming! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 53 of 143 (981 Views)

★ Novice

@jpkarlsen wrote:

Some of what you suggest will make the minimum requirements for the game increase a lot. I doubt that EA will cut off so much of the games fan base. A lot currently have trouble running the game at low settings.

As for stuff packs they will be there but just as now you do not have to buy them.

If every Sim was crazy about just one of your sims how would the others get partners and visiting a park or venue would mean that about 10-20 strange sims immediately tried to be romantic with your Sim all at once. I don't think you gave much thought to that idea. and what should determine which of your sims was the unlucky one.

The sims 3 has been around for over 9 years so I don't think it's too much to ask for the graphics to get better instead of going backwards. Apparently the sims 4 was supposed to be just a mobile game, which explains why it's so bad on pc.

Yeah it was just an IDEA and of course I didn't mean literally every sim. The luckier and unluckier ones could be randomly selected and I think it would be fun for some sims having to work harder for their romantic connections.

Another idea that could be fun is going back in time to the stone age for example. Probably would require a ton of work from the developers though.

Message 54 of 143 (972 Views)

Champion (Retired)

The sims 4 came out for PC/Mac more than 3 years ago. The Console version last year and Mobile a couple of months ago. So your theory that it was originally intended only for mobile does not hold true. Besides graphics have improved quite a lot if you have the hardware to run it at max settings.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 55 of 143 (959 Views)

Re: Is there going to be a Sims 5

★★★ Newbie

You can wish that they’d do that and that they’d give you all that for free but its still EA and thats just how they roll, these expansions and stuff are what get them their income and they know that people Will buy them, thats how capitalism works, and knowing EA they’d probably rather choose more profitable route because its still a money hungry capitalistic company. They probably also know they’d be able to do so much more with the Sims and make it so much better but they dont because that all costs extra money and time and why would they if rushing out the bare minimum (and sometimes broken and incomplete games) gets them their money anyways... look this is a cruel capitalistic, money centered world, im not saying that what theyre doing is right but I get them from a business standpoint in the short term (this might bite em in the * later) but now they are just profiting like crazy, just raking in the money, so from their view, nothing is wrong and they are probably (most certainly) just going to keep on doing what theyre doing because that gets them more money more quickly...

Message 56 of 143 (1,151 Views)

Re: The Sims 5 Ideas

★ Novice

I would like it if in Sims 5 we could walk round neighbourhoods like we used to be able tp

Message 57 of 143 (880 Views)

Re: The Sims 5 Ideas

★★★ Newbie

I agree. I also think EA should make the sims look more realistic like on the YouTube videos. You know? I think those are really cool looking and they would get a lot more buyers because those sims look so real. The players also wont have to go to another website do download skins, hair, and other overlays.

Message 58 of 143 (855 Views)

Sims 5

★ Novice

Is there going to be a Sims5?

Message 59 of 143 (1,086 Views)

Re: Sims 5

Community Manager

I'm not aware of any plans currently for a Sims 5 @granmah3 but I imagine that there will be a fifth entry in the series at some stage in the future. Should I hear anything about it then I will update you and would suggest keeping an eye on official EA channels such as the EA twitter for any updates: https://twitter.com/ea?lang=en

Darko

Darko.png
Message 60 of 143 (1,068 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help