Sims 4

by Lisa7958

Original Post

Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

None of my sims can go upstairs. There is a bubble over them that have footsteps and a exclamation point in red.  

Message 1 of 6 (6,151 Views)

Re: Sims 4

★★★ Novice

Is there something upstairs that is blocking the way?

If there isn't I once had this happen to me. I went into build mode and moved the stairs a bit and that seemed to fix it? 

Message 2 of 6 (6,131 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried that too and it still didn't work. I even moved my sims to another house and it was doing the same thing.

Message 3 of 6 (6,105 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Lisa7958 Please check this Bug Report to see if it matches your issue. If it does please add your 'Me Too' to the report and subscribe in order to receive updates when a fix is in place. In the meantime check the second comment on the bug report for a list of workarounds that have been found: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Open-staircase-cause-routing-failures/m-p/9716427/h...

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 4 of 6 (6,101 Views)

★ Novice

Hi Hopefully, you already got this issue figured out but I would like to respond so people can know how I dealt with the problem. When I saw the exclamation mark and footsteps in a thought bubble I was concerned and I didn't understand what I should do until I stumbled across this website. I had downloaded a lot in the gallery and the upstairs became inaccessible so I deleted the top floor and the stairs and once I did that there were stairs already under the ones I deleted so the stairs became accessible again. 

Some other tips are to make sure the staircase is not blocked and If It looks clear I would recommend starting a new lot and trying building a new lot. If you are using bb.moveobbjects or download a lot from the gallery sometimes the game does not register the cheat and it makes the stair inaccessible. 

Another tip is if you have too many mods in your Sims 4 then put all the mods in a different folder and restart the game then put all the mods back in and it should go back to normal. The game Sims 4 is not perfect but it can be fun with the right amount of knowledge of overcoming these reoccurring issues. 

Please don't be afraid to reach out for help if you are still having issues or the information I gave was wrong in any shape or form. We are all a part of the Sims community therefore we should express our concerns in these games. Thank you so much and I hope this information helped you as it helped me. 

Message 5 of 6 (3,448 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with The Sims 4, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

If you have the same issues as this topic, we have a new tracking topic here

/Atic
Message 6 of 6 (3,421 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help