Re: Sims 4- won't let me paint walls

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 4- won't let me paint walls

★ Novice

I just recently downloaded Sims 4 and am trying to build my first house. I am in the middle of building it and am trying to paint some of the walls and the walls won't change colors. I applied the "pure impressions" paint to several walls- it shows up on some walls and on others it says that the wall is that color but it is not and it stays the original construction blue color you see when you build a wall. When I try to reapply the paint to the walls that are still the original construction blue color it says "nothing to change". Some of the windows are also blocked/not see thru-because of this problem I am assuming.

Does anyone know why it is doing this and how to fix it? 

I am in the "Newcrest" world map and the "Twin Oracle Point" lot. I am using a MacBook laptop.

Attached are screenshots of my house where some walls take the paint color and some walls do not and stay the construction blue color.

Message 1 of 5 (12,086 Views)

★ Novice
@trillarie did you try resetting your game? I used to have this problem when i first started a couple of years ago. It stopped when i exited out of my game and came back.
Message 2 of 5 (12,077 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah- if by resetting my game you mean saving and exiting and going back into the game again, then yeah I have done that and the problem was still there unfortunately. 

Message 3 of 5 (12,012 Views)

Sims4- build mode wall painting error

★ Novice

I recently downloaded Sims 4 and am trying to build my first house. I am in the middle of building it and am trying to paint some of the walls and the walls won't change colors. I applied the "pure impressions" paint to several walls- it shows up on some walls and on others it says that the wall is that color but it is not and it stays the original construction blue color you see when you build a wall. When I try to reapply the paint to the walls that are still the original construction blue color it says "nothing to change". Some of the windows are also blocked/not see thru-because of this problem I am assuming.

Does anyone know why it is doing this and how to fix it? 

I am in the "Newcrest" world map and the "Twin Oracle Point" lot. I am using a MacBook laptop.

Attached are screenshots of my house where some walls take the paint color and some walls do not and stay the construction blue color.

Message 4 of 5 (11,970 Views)

@trillarie  I've merged your new post with your existing thread.  Sorry that no one got back to you before now.

I'm not an expert builder, or anything close, but have you made sure the affected room is actually an enclosed room?  If it is, you should be able to click on it and see the entire room outlined in yellow.  If it's not, you can try tracing over the walls, one at a time if you want, until the game reads it as a room.

Please also let me know what draw distance is set to in the game options.  If it's low, turn it to high and see whether that makes a difference.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (11,945 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help