Re: Sims 4 upcoming update

by Psychotps

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 upcoming update

★★★★★ Newbie

I got clued in that the Sims 4 is planning on making seasons apart of the base game, making it free for others while people have already spent hard earned money on it. Is this even true? If so, Will the people that have already bought it be credited another free pack? 

Message 1 of 4 (311 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @LyricccccW

I am currently unaware of any plans to make changes to the base game version of The Sims 4. If our team decided to change anything I would recommend keeping an eye on our social media for announcements. 

If you were wanting to provide feedback about adding seasons as a part of Sims 4 I would happy to share this with the team. 

They have social media accounts you can check out below:

Hope this helps!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (299 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @LyricccccW

I am currently unaware of any plans to make changes to the base game version of The Sims 4. If our team decided to change anything I would recommend keeping an eye on our social media for announcements. 

If you were wanting to provide feedback about adding seasons as a part of Sims 4 I would happy to share this with the team. 

They have social media accounts you can check out below:

Hope this helps!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 4 (300 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@LyricccccW Perhaps the info was a trickle-down that got muddied about the mention that they are adding the calendar to base game soon. The calendar was previously only included if you had the Seasons EP. Even so, they said that the calendar for those without the Seasons EP will not include much of what is included in the calendar if you do have the Seasons EP. Anyway, maybe that confused some folks?

The base game calendar apparently will have birthdays, events, work and school schedules for household members, which I think players will find to be very handy indeed! 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 3 of 4 (273 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@SheriGR The way I understood it is the basic calendar functionality is moving to base-game but the ability to have and create Holidays will remain part of Seasons.
Message 4 of 4 (253 Views)