Re: Sims 4 unknown hairstyle

by AtomicLena

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@AtomicLena @PugLove888 Here are pics of the others. I'll hide these under a spoiler tag in case you'd rather keep these as a surprise ;-D

**SPOILERS BELOW**

Spoiler

actor unlock L06.JPGactor unlock L08.JPGactor unlock L10.JPG

I think pretty much every career in Sims 4 has hidden unlocks in CAS.

Message 11 of 26 (986 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@PugLove888That is unfortunate! Thank god for the careers.promote-cheat, though Wink

Also, I took a look at the beret, and I can totally see why you spent so long trying to find it :D. I love it!

Message 12 of 26 (974 Views)

★ Apprentice
@RandomBuzziness That's really interesting! Thank you! :-) I can't believe I've had this pack for so long and I didn't know about this.
Message 13 of 26 (970 Views)

★★★ Expert

@AtomicLena I get mixed up a lot and I will unlock a career outfit for one Sim and then I'll forget it was a career unlock and I'll go crazy trying to find the same outfit in CAS for a different Sim! Where did it go?!? Sometimes I feel like I have oatmeal for brains xD

I've had Get Famous for several months but the Actor career gig system bugged so I was skipping over playing it for a long time. Now that they have fixed the bug I have just started trying out the Actor career for the first time. It's pretty cool so far :D

Message 14 of 26 (945 Views)

★ Apprentice
@RandomBuzziness Honestly, I'm sure I'll have this problem again in the future :D. I too am really forgetful.

I bought Get Famous with a few other packs, and the only career path I've ever really gotten myself into was the police one (in which I found out an active career path takes up like 100% of my sim's life, which made me unable to focus on the other packs). But this whole thing got me pretty interested in the Acting career! I'm going to try it out asap! :-P
Message 15 of 26 (914 Views)

★★★ Expert

@AtomicLena The careers I like best are the ones with options to work from home or are something I can do while actively playing my Sim in various public venues. Like the Social Media career from City Living. With this one it's almost like being paid to do the fun things my Sim was going to do anyway :D

I'm finding the Actor career to be different than other careers that I usually play because you get to pick your gigs and how often you choose to work. It gives my Sim lots of time for her other hobbies like gardening, painting, or just plain partying! I play with aging disabled and the long 28-day seasons so I don't feel hurried to get any particular thing done. There are quite a few careers I haven't even tried yet. Whenever I start getting a little bored with one I'll just switch to playing something else that feels very different. It's crazy how many ways there are to play this game! None are the wrong way as long as you are having fun :D

Message 16 of 26 (872 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@RandomBuzziness, aren't there a few more unlocks in GF for the career levels lower than the ones you gave pictures of?  Like the Victorian dresses (there are 2) and the costume for the children's show that looks like a big blue and purple mammal? Wondering

@AtomicLena, I also forgot that the Get To Work EP has some unlockable career outfits and accessories!  Like @RandomBuzziness mentioned, all of (or at least most of ) the careers have some unlockable CAS items.  But the ones from Get to Work are a bit different in that they are directly geared toward that profession, unlike the City Living CAS unlocks and some of the Get Famous CAS unlocks.  The Get Famous unlocks for the period outfits were once worn by real people, and the Get Famous  City Living CAS unlocks are clothing items that any Sim could wear no matter what their career, such as that beret we both love! Heart

Here are the pics of the Victorian dresses.  Note the detail of the back of the dress in the mirror! Heart

12-04-18_7-54-54 PM.png

And here is the other Victorian dress, showing the front...

12-04-18_7-56-16 PM.png

...and the back! Standard smile

12-04-18_7-56-22 PM.png

The Victorian ear spanned a large part of the 19th century.  It started in 1837 and ran until Queen Victoria's death in 1901.  These dresses look to be based on the latter portion of the era, mostly 1880's , or perhaps the end of the 1870's to the beginning of the 1890's.  This is the time that  bustles on the back of dresses were popular.  Prior to that in the early and mid Victorian Era wide hoop skirts were more popular).   After the Victorian Ear comes the Edwardian Era, which in the end of that era we saw clothing like that in the movie Titanic! 

I cannot find a picture of the big blue and purple mammal that is used for the children's show costumes.  Frown

@RandomBuzziness, thank you for the pictures of those unlockable GF items for the higher Acting levels!!! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 17 of 26 (843 Views)

★ Apprentice
@PugLove888 Thank you! That was a very interesting read! :-) And I never even noticed the details on the back of the first Victorian dress! Strange though, because I already owned that dress before starting the acting career.
Message 18 of 26 (804 Views)

★ Apprentice
@RandomBuzziness Definitely agree 100% with that last sentence :-P. Good to know you can still focus on your Sims’ hobbies while in the acting career :-). And I should totally try the 28-day seasons! Don’t know why I haven’t looked into that earlier.
Message 19 of 26 (803 Views)

Champion

@AtomicLena, I have only ever had these two dresses with Sims who were in the Acting career.Frown  It might unlock early in that career, though.  I just tested in a new save with a female Sim who isn't in the Acting career and she doesn't have either Victorian dress. (Also, I don't use Mods or CC). Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 20 of 26 (780 Views)