Sims 4 university pack not working

by dbatcjm

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 university pack not working

★ Apprentice

I bought and downloaded the University pack. I have windows 10, 62 bits. I can go on the university campus, and I click on options, but I do not see what the options are I’ll show you what i mean with a few picttures i took of my game. for example when I click on the mailbox, I have the option for university, but it is not showing, so i do not even know what I’m clicking on. 

how to fix this? help me please. 

Message 1 of 9 (5,599 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 university pack not working

[ Edited ]
Champion

@dbatcjm, thank you for replying back! Angel  There is another thing you can try.  It was suggested to me to try Method 1 listed here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Codes-instead-of-text-Blank-text-and-bub...

You will change the language of the game in Origin, repair the game in Origin, and then change the game back to whichever language you normally play the game in. Standard smile

Update to add: 

Or, if the Language in Origin is set to a different language that you play your game in, that could also cause the problem... so you can switch Origen before restarting Origin to match the language you game is in, and then repair the Sims 4 in Origin.  That has worked for other people. 
See post #634 by Sir_Staros where they explain it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Codes-instead-of-text-Blank-text-and-bub...

Please update us on how this turns out! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (5,512 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@dbatcjm, do you happen to be using Mods or Custom Content (CC)? Wondering  Outdated Mods/CC often can cause problems in the game when they get outdated , which usually happens after a patch like we had almost 2 weeks ago. 

If you use Mods/CC please do the following:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder.

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game.

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC.

5) Now you can try adding back items from your Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method. 

The CC creators will usually update the CC items and Mods after these updates, so when you find out which one is the culprit, you can get the updated version from whoever made that item of CC in the first place.  You should try these steps anytime you have problems in your game to rule out CC/Mods problems.  It is the responsibility of the Mods/CC creators to update their items anytime EA releases a patch/update, and it is the responsibility of the people who use Mods/CC to make sure they are using the most recent version. 

Now, if this doesn't work, there might be another problem with your game. So please update us on if you use Mods/CC or not, or whether the above steps solved your problem or not! Angel  I have never used Mods or CC in TS4 and I don't get the graphic that you are getting.  But the option to pay 75 Simoleons is definitely from the University pack! Wink Best of Luck! 

Message 2 of 9 (5,565 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@PugLove888 hi, thank you for your reply. 

i’m very new to all of this so i may sound uneducated about the whole topic.

i don’t use mods or cc, or at least not that i know of, i haven’t download them and i believe to use them you need to download them. so i don’t think i have that unless there is a way of having it without downloading them? but i believe those are ‘’cheats’’ to have more diverse objects that the fans created, right? and i definitely do not have that. 

since i don’t use them, i guess that’s not the problem. i still tried to ‘’repair the game’’ but it made no changes, i still get the blank options for university. 

Message 3 of 9 (5,539 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@dbatcjm, thank you for replying back! Angel  There is another thing you can try.  It was suggested to me to try Method 1 listed here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Codes-instead-of-text-Blank-text-and-bub...

You will change the language of the game in Origin, repair the game in Origin, and then change the game back to whichever language you normally play the game in. Standard smile

Update to add: 

Or, if the Language in Origin is set to a different language that you play your game in, that could also cause the problem... so you can switch Origen before restarting Origin to match the language you game is in, and then repair the Sims 4 in Origin.  That has worked for other people. 
See post #634 by Sir_Staros where they explain it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Codes-instead-of-text-Blank-text-and-bub...

Please update us on how this turns out! Angel

Message 4 of 9 (5,513 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@PugLove888Thank you so much for your time! It worked! I changed the language, then re-changed it and now it's working! thank you so much.

Message 5 of 9 (5,469 Views)

Champion

@dbatcjm, thanks for replying back! Angel I'm so happy it worked!  Happy Simming! Party hat

Message 6 of 9 (5,449 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem! I did a bundle with the outdoor, tiny living and university and i only have the outdoor. I have a MAC, and I just missed the times to call because I didn't realize the number to call was a different time zone. Any help would be awesome!!!!

Message 7 of 9 (4,284 Views)

@DanaJean30  Does your computer run the Legacy Edition of Sims 4?  If so, that's the issue: neither Discover University nor Tiny Living works in the LE.

If you'd like to request a refund from EA customer support, live chat is open from 9 am to midnight GMT, Monday through Saturday.  Due to the current situation, phone calls are unavailable.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 8 of 9 (4,254 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This would make sense why mine is not working. I have installed on a Mac and have the legacy edition.

Thanks

Message 9 of 9 (2,998 Views)